North West 2018

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Some cracker racing today!
Annoys me abit when riders say NW200 only a test before the TT. NW200 is a event and races in its own right.
Nice to see johnny rea doing a parade lap too.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Just met Boydie in Comber. May as well sit for a few minutes and watch the big race!
8FE86918-57B5-413F-9B70-34C38E6A2B8A.jpeg

genman

G
Some cracker racing today!
Annoys me abit when riders say NW200 only a test before the TT. NW200 is a event and races in its own right.
Nice to see johnny rea doing a parade lap too.
cool lap by JR .....i wish the NW had more classes of racing..... basically now just 2 sets of 4 classes. Feels like a diluted event compared to the old 2 stroke days... sidecar and the likes of electric and 300s would be tight racing....electrics could do 3 laps.. why should TT have all the fun

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Brilliant days racing! Can't remember the last time it went as smoothly

Agreed! Brilliant weekend all in all.
Great racing, great turnout, the weather was great and no one got (badly) hurt.
What more can you ask?

If I were to nitpick I think they should really look at modernising the commentator / presenter / guest lineups and getting rid of the old guard in one foul swoop.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
That was just a brilliant week of racing, Red button/bbcsport coverage is the best I can remember (with the exception of commentary)

Very happy I sneaked off work for thurs practice :grinning:

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Racing done and dusted by 4pm at the NW200, my face and neck burnt to a butt and some of the best races since the 90's. Who'd av thunk it ?
I had an excellent week.
Respect to Merv and the team this year.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Personally think coverage is great. Far better than the tt, which has a much bigger worldwide following (and potential income stream)
Also quite enjoy the commentary, watson/mccallen know the sport well but they cant go into full technical mode in front of the cameras. They’re also talking unscripted and off the cuff between races. Not easy...
Of course they're going to highlight rider safety where they can! They've the h&s brigade wanting to shut the thing down everytime someone comes off!
Just my 2 cents!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Don't know if any of you watched the BBC live stream but I though John McGuinness was good behind the mic, alongside ol' Stavros.

And hard to believe that Jezza is now 54 and still riding like a boss.

genman

G
And hard to believe that Jezza is now 54 and still riding like a boss.
i doubt it would matter what bike he was on....he's out there having fun and educating the young riders. few more versatile and experienced riders anywhere in the world. .. one reason why he gets development jobs from lots of manufacturers on various classes of bikes. . comes across as a funny guy but he's ruthless when needed. If he was on that Paton he'd have disappeared on the field

Peter

RMS Regular
Super photos Renis. I was snapping across the road from you but aren’t a patch on yours!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.