Northern Ireland ECU Repairs?

Anto84

RMS Regular
Do we have anyone in NI that can check ECU'S?

My MBE ecu for the Westfield has no signal to one half of the coilpack and just want someone local if possible to check it out.

Do I need to send it to England?

Attachments

• 20200409_173729.jpg
    20200409_173729.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 71

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Ring SBD they make them! @Rob had a repair done on his MBE recently

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Unfortunately I got charged three ways, I had my MBE checked by a N.Ireland garage who charged me for their time, they sent it to SBD who charged for their time, and they then sent it to MBE who charged for their time and also the repair. Plus postage four ways to get it through all the channels and back to me. In the end up I was out £700 odd for what was basically an over voltage caused by a failed coil pack, which then fried a driver in the ecu.

I still find it absolutely unbelievable that there is zero protection for the ecu, so when a coil pack fails, it ****s the ecu. Unbelievable. My experiences so far with MBE have left me feeling there are a lot better products out there.

Anto84

RMS Regular
OP
Anto84
Unfortunately I got charged three ways, I had my MBE checked by a N.Ireland garage who charged me for their time, they sent it to SBD who charged for their time, and they then sent it to MBE who charged for their time and also the repair. Plus postage four ways to get it through all the channels and back to me. In the end up I was out £700 odd for what was basically an over voltage caused by a failed coil pack, which then fried a driver in the ecu.

I still find it absolutely unbelievable that there is zero protection for the ecu, so when a coil pack fails, it ****s the ecu. Unbelievable. My experiences so far with MBE have left me feeling there are a lot better products out there.

My goodness that's bloody mental 🙈

You could have bought a new ecu with change! That's terrible service!

MBE seem to be very poor quality and if I have to go for a new ecu it will probably be emerald

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Do we have anyone in NI that can check ECU'S?

My MBE ecu for the Westfield has no signal to one half of the coilpack and just want someone local if possible to check it out.

Do I need to send it to England?

If it's already been diagnosed...surely it's been checked ? And no electrical component can be made foolproof against all external influences.

Presumably the drivers are on the other side of the board, and are likely an easy component to change if it can be identified.

But best to call SBD first as others say.

But they are a cheap/budget ecu...with horrific software lol.

Anto84

RMS Regular
OP
Anto84
If it's already been diagnosed...surely it's been checked ? And no electrical component can be made foolproof against all external influences.

Presumably the drivers are on the other side of the board, and are likely an easy component to change if it can be identified.

But best to call SBD first as others say.

But they are a cheap/budget ecu...with horrific software lol.

Trying to get hold of a vb027, they aren't made anymore ffs so I'm on the hunt

The software is what it is, after all it's a 20 year old ecu lol

20200410_130151.jpg

Peter T2

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
same thing happened me in 1987, (what you have circled in red) blew.
i unsoldered it and took it to daft eddies (The electronic centre, Belfast) bought one over the counter 15p. soldered it back in and to my amazement it worked. was quoted £670 back then for a new brain. not that this is much help to you self but you've nothing to lose, hope you get it sorted.
they have went up in price a bit ?