Nova Bibby What Speck Is Your Nova?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JV

RMS Regular
Sorry dude but id love to know about the work youve done on the nova , i just got my hands on a black sri which belonged to my sister, shes moving down to london and has decided to do without a car so im going to start to do some engine work on her.
Ive decided to keep the blyndestein head and go for a stripped out setup that i can use for some track day fun , any advice would be great, i dont have the sort of cash that you spend but im sure you could point me in the right direction.:laughing:

JV

RMS Regular
OP
JV
Ah the reason i asked it in the forum was that things like this are usefull to other people , are they not????????????????????????????

HEHE

brendy

RMS Regular
hes currently got my nova sitting as hes putting in my 2.0 8v sri 130 (cough!) engine, you could get hold of one for less than 200 quid if you look around, shafts ive found are equally as expensive if youre looking for a reliable trackcar. ill be doing photos as we go along so feel free to copy! except for the paintwork!

JV

RMS Regular
OP
JV
Brendy have you found any one yet to tune your 20vt , i have an a4 20vt and am about to get to work on it. Ive been looking at some of the english firms and the IHI kits in particular, ive already got a k&n induction kit and a bailey dump valve and samco hoses, it runs really sweet but as usual i want a bit more, what do you think of triple 7 ?

brendy

RMS Regular
triple 7 are grand mate aidan knows revo pretty well, i was down last week and got the 5 hour trial to compare it against my old rechip, its far smoother so id recommend it.
Btw the k&n carries too much oil mate, did you blott it with kitchen roll before fitting it? itll damage your maf sensor with time, chaaaching for the dealers, i have a green cotton filter here (replaced again with a ramair induction kit) and its got virtually no oil on it, far better job, dont need it any more so itll be for sale soon, only done around 3k miles so like new..
is the bailey DV a recirc valve or atmospheric one? atmo ones can cause errors and limp mode too.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Dont think Simon's Nova has an engine built for it yet? I think he's still gathering the bits for it!

You can always take a look a the spec of Mine, however the engine spec is currently out of date, as its now got a group A spec big valve head, double valve springs & caps, solid lifters, Kent AST 17 cam and a F13 Close Ratio Gearbox with the Final drive swapped for the better 4.18.

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2395

Keith

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.