nova nearly there

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
well it's been 6 months now since i started, and the fact i only get to work on it some nights and weekends is making it a slow project, but today saw the wee yoke seeing her first coat of paint
so i thought i would put up a few photos to see what everyone thinks, photo's of final colour do not do the car justice as it is in an oven, but tomorrow should see some out door photos posted up

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
ok a sneak peak at the colour, but like i say the lighting in an oven does not show things the way natural light does, so more photos tomorrow

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
about time you got the finger out :p and when it's done don't do what you did to that micra 4 hours after you passed the test ;)

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
yea grahame, thanks for scudding me there,but it was four hours after i got the car, a day and 4 after the test

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Why's the engine still in it? Or has the engine bay already got a fresh coat?

Brings back memories.. oh the joy!

keithnovastripped.gif

Looks a nice bright red, looking forward to seeing this! I'm hopeing next year to get a very large gathering of as many good Nova's i can find in NI for a Photoshoot! You be up for it?

Keith

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
why is it still not finished :p

wat sorta work u done to the nova bodywise bibby??

jus keepin it original? or is there kit etc fitted?

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
still not finnished as like i say i only get maby 4 hours a week to work at it
ok body work,
new shell, converted from lhd to rhd
new wings
replaced shells old front pannel to new style front pannel
new boot
new doors
new bumpers and sides
all parts apert from shell bought from vauxhall
interior still has to be sorted, but i got a dash and all today to do that, engine was in the old shell, and is in the new shell at the moment, but is getting changed for a 2 litre before the year is out, so engine bay will be painted then

also, alot more parts still to be fitted supplied by street racer!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
was gettin at keith with the y is it still not finished dig lol sounds gd...pics shud be interestin. lookin forward to seein em

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
not kitting it as i dont think nova's suit them, but there are gsi bumpers and all on it,

keith robinson, certianly up for a nova meet, maby we could arrange it with some other event maby late this year to make it a bit more interesting

and yes i know it is a nova and i have spent more money on it than it is worth, but when it is your own car, you dont seem to mind as much!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
nah i know where ur comin from with spendin more than its worth...i cud well be liftin a 22 yr old car this week for 50 quid and i intend to spend a lot more on it lol

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Mark, Still havent finished it cos i still havent won the lottery :p On a serious note, another 1-1.5k should finish it, once i have the engine back home. So it'll be finished very late this year, but wont be run-in, taxed/mot'd till early next!

Bibbly, I'll be up for a photoshoot earlyish next year, say march/april/may time! Would you also be up for going to PV2005? Means we can go up santapod strip etc.

Its good to see all these Nova Projects going on, more and more people are building them they way they should be built, and forgetting all the rubbish fiberglass non-sence :laughing:

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Nova Bibby said:
yea, thats true, can be book priced at a few hundred, but worth alot more to yourself!

Book price on mine would be about £600.

But if you offered me a brand new small car, straight swap, i wouldnt. Probably because over the last 4 year's i've spent more than most super-mini's cost new.

Keith

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
yea i was looking for dates for pv2005 just today, but if yours is a gsi, depending on my insurance next year, you might have to wait for me if i have to keep the 1.2 engine, but if insurance says ok, on my trade policy, you might have to keep up with my blydenstein 2 litre

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Nope, its a Merit Plus. But with a Twin 40'd 1.3, which Steven Gault is building!

I only want to go up the Pod raceway for fun, to get the most out of the car. Not to set any land speed records!

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Yeah, the tyres rubbed very slightly on the plastic shock cover! But they are miles from the arch, and never ever rubbed, even with 4 people crammed in the rear over bumps!

Front, i used to have 2.0L 16v Cavalier Calipers & Discs. But they needed trimmed slightly with a grinder to allow the speedlines to fit, as the little edge that holds the metal pin on the caliper caught the inside.

Now i've fitted 288mm V6 Vectra Brakes, the caliper hits the spoke of the speedline, so once again i'll have to get the grinder to the calipers. There's no need for spacers or anything.

v62222.gif

Keith

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
yea im running the 16 valve brakes with these wheels also, just thought it weird the wheel hitting the shock, but dead on, at least i know it isnt just me then

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Makes me want another nova, ah well maybe someday, looking very well bibby, roll on the redtop.......

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.