Nova Sport (split from original topic)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
sideways365 said:
S_Gault said:
To come clean,

its basically a more modern spec Nova Sport setup but without the hairy Enem cam

Steven

what sort of power were the sports producing in road trim??

They were 93bhp, but were a second quicker to 60mph than the 100bhp GTE!

Alot of sports came with just a 1.3SR engine in them, and the carb's, sticker sets were in the boot for customers to fit themselves! A select few sports came with a better cam, but not much is known about it!

The headwork, cam etc should give mine simaliar BHP to the Sport's fitted with the Irmscher Cam!

Keith

Pac-Man

Banned
KeithRobinson said:
Alot of sports came with just a 1.3SR engine in them, and the carb's, sticker sets were in the boot for customers to fit themselves!

Keith
Sorry but you are wrong Keith lad, the stickers were certainly not in the boot for the customers to fit themselves! Someone is filling you full of ****... Other bolt-on parts maybe, but not the decals!

A select few sports came with a better cam, but not much is known about it!
Oh no? :roll: Well then let me be the first to tell you tell you that it was an optional extra Irmscher 298 degree cam designed in conjunction with Enem as mentioned by Stephen earlier in the topic. So much for not much being known about it, eh Keith? :?: ;)

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Pac-Man said:
KeithRobinson said:
Alot of sports came with just a 1.3SR engine in them, and the carb's, sticker sets were in the boot for customers to fit themselves!

Keith
Sorry but you are wrong Keith lad, the stickers were certainly not in the boot for the customers to fit themselves! Someone is filling you full of ****... Other bolt-on parts maybe, but not the decals!

A select few sports came with a better cam, but not much is known about it!
Oh no? :roll: Well then let me be the first to tell you tell you that it was an optional extra Irmscher 298 degree cam designed in conjunction with Enem as mentioned by Stephen earlier in the topic. So much for not much being known about it, eh Keith? :?: ;)

I meant that it isnt common knowlage, worded it completely wrong. But yes the Irmscher cam had a lift duration of 298, but still retained hydralic lifters. The Cam was made by Enem, and was branded as Irmscher and Enem. The Enem branded version had a code on the end of the cam, and used the same timings as the Irmscher one.

The Cam used in mine is a Piper 285, not as lairy, but still nice!

Some info, incase anyones interested :laughing:
novasport.gif

Keith

Pac-Man

Banned
aaaaahhh, Keith lad.... just admit you've been well and truly scooped talking shoite... ;)

Pac Lad doesn't miss a trick. :lol:

I started my apprenticeship with Savilles Vauxhall nearly 10 years ago, and then shortly after the Workshop manager went out on his own bringing young Pac Lad along to learn all about this Vauxhall crap. Many a lunch hour was spent discussing his 30 years of GM knowledge, i guess some of it has stuck in the back of my ever diminishing brain ;)

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
you seem to be very knowledgeable on everthing pac lad..................commonly known as a smart a$$ :lol: :p

Pac-Man

Banned
how very rude Brendy lad!

i remember a lad bringing a rough original Nova Sport into the garage years ago looking to flog it. £400 i think was the price, would have been a good investment now. :roll:

brendy

RMS Regular
still less than a grand sideways but its like deloreans, not worth a million but still worth having even just for the odd nod from people driviong past in the know!

Pac-Man

Banned
I'd pay more than a grand for a minter. Its the rarest Nova ever made i would imagine so would command higher prices than a late GSi.

brendy

RMS Regular
nope, i'd be willing to bet dirks raleigh that any "minter" will be a respray, isopon hero or legend. The nova im woking on as a track car has only done 50k, sat dry for a couple of years and still has rust. though easy enough to sort, rust all the same.

brendy

RMS Regular
as i said about prices, deloreans are one of the worlds dream cars for a lot of people, some are willing to pay well over the odds for a car that can be bought for 15k, its a one off car, never going to rust but still prone to failure and mwechanical fu^k ups.

Pac-Man

Banned
Its like any car, if its looked after, it'll be in ghood nick. Some people appreciate their cars and are willing to spend money maintaining them for the future, others just stick ***** on them and then end up crying into their Coco Pops when they realise they've just fu*ked up the value of their cars.

Adam

RMS Regular
An original Mint Sport would easily get a grand.
Some GTE and GSI's are still getting over that and there were many more of those.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Pac-Man said:
aaaaahhh, Keith lad.... just admit you've been well and truly scooped talking shoite... ;)

Pac Lad doesn't miss a trick. :lol:

I started my apprenticeship with Savilles Vauxhall nearly 10 years ago, and then shortly after the Workshop manager went out on his own bringing young Pac Lad along to learn all about this Vauxhall crap. Many a lunch hour was spent discussing his 30 years of GM knowledge, i guess some of it has stuck in the back of my ever diminishing brain ;)

I'll admit to my lack of knowlage on the sport, but there have been examples where the decal's were not fitted from the factory, its in the Performance Nova Group magazine, which also happens to now own the right's to the graphics, for anyone looking to restore one to its former glory!

Mint conditon sports have fetched anything from 2-4k, but as said, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay! An example is the english sell there 325i sports for 1.5-2k. A Northern Irish fella brings it over here and floggs it for £3-3.5k! Basically because people here tend to pay over the odds for saught after car's!

Keith

brendy

RMS Regular
KeithRobinson said:
I'll admit to my lack of knowlage on the sport, but there have been examples where the decal's were not fitted from the factory, its in the Performance Nova Group magazine, which also happens to now own the right's to the graphics, for anyone looking to restore one to its former glory!

Mint conditon sports have fetched anything from 2-4k, but as said, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay! An example is the english sell there 325i sports for 1.5-2k. A Northern Irish fella brings it over here and floggs it for £3-3.5k! Basically because people here tend to pay over the odds for saught after car's!

Keith
i call them mugs.

Pac-Man

Banned
brendy said:
KeithRobinson said:

Keith
i call them mugs.
As do I :lol:

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Pac-Man said:
KeithRobinson said:
its in the Performance Nova Group magazine,
Ah right. Silly old me... believing a man who built them in the Vauxhall workshops nearly 20 years ago. Please forgive me. :?:

Like i said, i admit to my lack of knowlage on them, i didnt know this old man that u knew. All i know is what i've read, and to be honest, every article on them is slightly different as to its facts etc..

Here's a pic of a restored example. Even tho some of its bits arn't standard (SR front lip spoiler etc)

sport1.gif

sport2.gif

Keith

brendy

RMS Regular
dunno how his boot closes with that lump of trophy shaped metal laying there!
its like all motors, you do get the odd one thats worth a bit more but not megabucks. Pity they didnt carry it forward into the facelift novas i reckon it would have looked better cosmetically.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.