Nova Sport (split from original topic)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

brendy

RMS Regular
the pics look like the nova has had a respray, new bolts,screws,pipes etc make me think this. The nova i have has a waxy protection in the engine bay too which is going when i take the engine out.
anyone know of a cheap compressor on the go btw? gonna spray it myself...project DIY cheapo is well underway!!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Yeah true.. It's a pity they didnt make more of them too! I still have hope of finding a complete one that i could either restore, or re-shell!

Its either that, or keep my eyes open for a mint Diamond black GSI!

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
brendy said:
the pics look like the nova has had a respray, new bolts,screws,pipes etc make me think this. The nova i have has a waxy protection in the engine bay too which is going when i take the engine out.
anyone know of a cheap compressor on the go btw? gonna spray it myself...project DIY cheapo is well underway!!

Yeah, i think its been re-shelled too. Into an SRI/GSI shell, as it has the extra plates on top of the front struts. Either that, or the guy's added them during the restoration!

I'm looking a compressor myself, not for painting, but so i can build up a collection of air tools to make my life easier :laughing:

Keith

Pac-Man

Banned
brendy said:
Looking the same myself to do the interior of the GTi now that its only going to have two seats and a cage :lol:

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Pac-Man said:
brendy said:
Looking the same myself to do the interior of the GTi now that its only going to have two seats and a cage :lol:

You going for a full FIA approved cage? What thickness?

*a little off topic, arn't we? lmao :lol: *

Keith

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
brendy said:
i recon a wee 1.5 hp job would do for air gun for wheel bolts and painting too.

need at least 2 and more to be safe for a full respray, last thing you want is the fooker to be gasping for breath in the middle of a stroke :lol:

STE_vie

RMS Regular
Sir Sax said:
brendy said:
i recon a wee 1.5 hp job would do for air gun for wheel bolts and painting too.

need at least 2 and more to be safe for a full respray, last thing you want is the fooker to be gasping for breath in the middle of a stroke :lol:

Yeah buy the biggest u can afford. when i got mine, i got it from pitstop spares on the shankill road (now called auto refinish systems). mines got a 200 litre tank. cant mind wot h/p but can do nething with it. think it was somewhere in the region of 450 odd quid.

Cess

RMS Staff
On the subject on Nova Sports, vicky Butler Henderson killed one during one of those Clarkson videos. Clarkson challenges her to a race in a modified car which they have to build to a strict budget. He buys a Rover SDi V8, she purchases a Nova Sport. The engine gets ripped out and replaced by a 2ltr and the car is sprayed with pink chequers. she also loses the race.

On a happier note for all you Vauxhall fans, McKeary motors of Macosquin (used to be a Vauxhall dealership now do this stuff--> www.performancesubaru.co.uk) apparently have a Nova sport in dry storage.

BJ

Banned
Saw the Sport in Mckeary's a few weeks ago,done 50 miles in 4 years and sits on carpet! :grinning:

It's like brand new but the wide arch kit might not appeal to the purist!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
2 ooh 5 said:
On the subject on Nova Sports, vicky Butler Henderson killed one during one of those Clarkson videos. Clarkson challenges her to a race in a modified car which they have to build to a strict budget. He buys a Rover SDi V8, she purchases a Nova Sport. The engine gets ripped out and replaced by a 2ltr and the car is sprayed with pink chequers. she also loses the race.
the 2.0 engine was apparantly taken out again, and a tuned Sport Engine put back in!

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
STEvieNI said:
Yeah buy the biggest u can afford. when i got mine, i got it from pitstop spares on the shankill road (now called auto refinish systems). mines got a 200 litre tank. cant mind wot h/p but can do nething with it. think it was somewhere in the region of 450 odd quid.

that sounds like a good job (4-5hp prolly)....one we have in work is about 200kw (about 270hp) :p

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
2 ooh 5 said:

On a happier note for all you Vauxhall fans, McKeary motors of Macosquin (used to be a Vauxhall dealership now do this stuff--> www.performancesubaru.co.uk) apparently have a Nova sport in dry storage.

Nope, the Nova lost in the Video, as it was clarkson's video, the script was written for him to win. In reality the Nova shat all over the Rover!

Here was her Nova mid-build at the workshops :laughing:

PRE.gif

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
amg306 said:
2 ooh 5 said:
the 2.0 engine was apparantly taken out again, and a tuned Sport Engine put back in!

Yep, true, it was then featured as a Mint sport in Total Vaux!

Keith

Cess

RMS Staff
BJ said:
Saw the Sport in Mckeary's a few weeks ago,done 50 miles in 4 years and sits on carpet! :grinning:

It's like brand new but the wide arch kit might not appeal to the purist!

BJ - So your car was in McKeary's then? Just a service or something a bit more interesting? :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.