Number plate price..Is it worth anything.?

gttc16

RMS Member
Not sure how ye all work it up there but the brother has a reg plate
MBZ2822 on a 95 golf and I was wondering if it is worth anything for selling/transferring to another car before re registering it down here..?
Any help appreciated.!

casper-ac

RMS Regular
don think so.
standard lookin number
the MB Z2 8 22.
may attract some one but personally i wouldnt!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
you'd probably get £99 from some places. BGB has a friend who offers keen prices on plates too

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Cheers lads,
Knew it's not the most attractive plate alright. With the transfer fees and all that it's probably worth F all so. Car is MOT and insured in the republic and I think it has tax til the end of FEB so if anyone is interested let me know before we send it for re-reg.
Thanks for the help.!

CS

RMS Regular
MBZ bit stands for Mercedez Benz so it may be worth £300-£400 hundred to the right person.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
CS said:
MBZ bit stands for Mercedez Benz so it may be worth £300-£400 hundred to the right person.

Exactly where do you get these magical drug's that alter your sense of reality that this comment above seem's intelligent? :roll:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Speedy reg sold my old reg for £350!! I don't know why anyone would ever have wanted it, but I got £100 into my hand for it so I won't complain!!

Slavca

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A8 merc
I've a private reg I wanna put on my bm its been in my drawer years. Do I have to pay £80 to put it off Nd another £80 to take its off each time?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Is it on retention? The £80 you paid to put it on retention covers putting it back on a car too.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Speedy reg sold my old reg for £350!! I don't know why anyone would ever have wanted it, but I got £100 into my hand for it so I won't complain!!
I know that's an old post, but mate recently got £150 in his hand for a random number BIG plate. They said they could sell for £350 and then take commission when it sold, but he took the quicker option and got cash in hand. Must still plenty of folks in England want an "ageless plate" from here despite DVLA selling them quite reasonably, BIG etc isn't included

Slavca

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A8 merc
Get your own thread lol I joke I joke I just thought the Honda boys might be into it
I ear my hat I hijacked someone else's thread 😆