number Plate question.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Looking at a different registration number at the moment, and i have a query.

In England, you can't put a plate unto a car, if it is older than the car itself. i.e

My 306 was originally 'T' reg, so i can't put on anything before this.

however, now that the car is registered with the DVLA in NI (with a local registration), does anyone know can i transfer over any prefix of registration? Or would it still need to be T, V, W, X or Y?

Marc

RMS Moderator
you can only put something on a t plate or before, your not allowed to put a T, V, W, X or Y, meaning you cant make an older car look younger... but u can make a newer car look older :grinning:

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
meganecoupe said:
you can only put something on a t plate or before, your not allowed to put a T, V, W, X or Y, meaning you cant make an older car look younger... but u can make a newer car look older :grinning:

so basically, i have it completely arse about face...

Go me.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
If you use an NI number any year can go onto any car.Its only the english plates that have the limitations

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.