OBD II reader for an EP3

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
EML came on tonight and I suspect it's the O2 sensor but has anyone an OBD reader I could use for a few minutes and get a code, before replacing anything, cheers.

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
same here, pm me your number and ile plug mine into it, will pull up graphs to show you whether or not the o2 sensor is working

Either my eyes are painted on, or I can't see the PM function on your profile.

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
No point in starting a new thread, as it's the same car. I have had an intermittent airbag light come on and off for a few weeks, and it is now permanently on. MoT is in a few weeks and hope to get it sorted.

So far I have disconnected/reconnected the battery, reset the clocks, checked the seat belt connector under the drivers seat and the fuse is good. Anyone any ideas?

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
No point in starting a new thread, as it's the same car. I have had an intermittent airbag light come on and off for a few weeks, and it is now permanently on. MoT is in a few weeks and hope to get it sorted.

So far I have disconnected/reconnected the battery, reset the clocks, checked the seat belt connector under the drivers seat and the fuse is good. Anyone any ideas?

Try resetting the airbag with the plug under the dash?

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
So, I think the yellow plug you're speaking off is behind the plastic under the steering wheel that I can't figure out how to get to 🤷‍♂️

20191025_163340.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
So, the light came back on, reset wouldn't turn it off and had the car put on the diagnostic computer and came back with this code. Any Honda men have an idea on where to start? Failed MoT today because of it.

20191118_170044.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
Could be the clock spring itself

A serviceable part or just replace? The steering wheel was changed to a Royal steering wheel before I bought the car, might that be worth an investigation?

Sorry for sounding stupid, I'm actually not mechanically inept, I just don't have the funniest feelings playing with airbags.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
A serviceable part or just replace? The steering wheel was changed to a Royal steering wheel before I bought the car, might that be worth an investigation?

Sorry for sounding stupid, I'm actually not mechanically inept, I just don't have the funniest feelings playing with airbags.

If all other plugs have been checked etc then it’s worth a look. I replaced mine when I had a ep3 and never had issues after

This is what it is here, (in behind the steering wheel)

0CD6F0A9-3CB2-4C6E-B892-42A946A1B464.jpeg

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
@Gareth a handy way to work around it is to solder a resistor onto the plug and get the code off

Done it with my DC5 when I installed my Keys wheel

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
@Gareth a handy way to work around it is to solder a resistor onto the plug and get the code off

Done it with my DC5 when I installed my Keys wheel

Couple of pence for a resistor, that'll do lovely.

I'm assuming the airbag will still deploy if the resistor is fitted?

AndyG

RMS Regular
You will usually have to plug in before the airbag so it will be left unplugged.

Passenger will work as normap