OBD reader

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
After one that is compatible with BimmerCode, if anyone has one lying about before I order one.

Thanks

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
That's the one I have and it has done everything I've needed with the M3 and Mini.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Best one for bimmercode imo, stable, no drop outs
Vgate iCar Pro BLE 4.0 OBD2 Diagnostic Tool Fault Code Reader OBDII Compatible Car Adapter Check Engine Light for iOS, Android and Windows Amazon product ASIN B071D8SYXN
Mark - you had both bimmercode and Carly, didn't you?

did you notice much difference between the two?

I have Carly and a Carly reader obviously - will it work with bimmercode?

MarkM

RMS Regular
Mark - you had both bimmercode and Carly, didn't you?

did you notice much difference between the two?

I have Carly and a Carly reader obviously - will it work with bimmercode?

I did mate, Carly is rubbish compared to Bimmercode imo, one off fee instead of the annual robbery, more standard features and if you’re brave an expert mode where you can do all sorts lol.
Carly reader is locked to Carly unfortunately :worried:

Edit....Didn’t know E46 wasn’t covered :worried:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Manager in work is looking to buy a reader - owns a mk3 Focus RS, vw of some sort, new Audi A1 and a mk2ph1/2 Clio

What would be the best out there for the average user? Fault clearing, diagnostics, coding etc... quite like an OBD11 set up

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
Manager in work is looking to buy a reader - owns a mk3 Focus RS, vw of some sort, new Audi A1 and a mk2ph1/2 Clio

What would be the best out there for the average user? Fault clearing, diagnostics, coding etc... quite like an OBD11 set up
I have one of these OBDLink LX OBD-II / EOBD Car Diagnostic Interface (Bluetooth) with OBDWiz Software
Capture.PNG

Its on the "Torque Pro" list of recommended OBD2 devices and allegedly the fastest Bluetooth adapter on the market. Gives you very nice, smooth running dash gauges if you want to setup monitoring gauges. Does the usual code scanning and fault code clearing as you'd expect. Has auto power off so you can leave it permanently connected to the car.