Octavia Scout - The Daily/Dog transporter

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Bought this afew weeks back after selling the Cupra and getting another Shepherd pup needed something with a big boot to daily.

Ex PSNI Skoda Octavia Scout
Had all belts/water pump plus clutch done at 70k only has 82k on it atm.

8v Pd140 engine which actually pulls really well and uses the haldex 4WD system.

How she sat when bought really tidy for being 2008.
IMG_20200725_153734.jpg

Boot is absolutely massive dogs are lost in it.
IMG_20200808_114856.jpg

First thing I did was get a set of Skoda Alloys of facebook. Took them to Powdertek for a refurb and then new tyres all round. Have afew other bits to fit updated badges, LED headlights. Have thought about putting a LED light bar on the front bumper just for ****s and giggles!
IMG_20200826_155440_430.jpg

IMG_20200826_154430.jpg

Don't really know what lies in store for this as it stands have thought but doing a EGR and DPF delete then remapping just because I can't leave things alone 8-(

Will more than likely end up being a adventure/road trip wagon that we can throw the dogs in so they can come along to

Not everyone's cup of tea but I've had afew beers and thought I'd share it :joy:

warren

RMS Photographer
Love it, have an 07 VRS estate myself and its just impossible to flaw for the money. Im sure the scout will be mighty handy over the winter!

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
First chance I've got to give to a proper wash today. Cleans up really well with the tries and trim all dressed!
IMG_20200919_152115.jpg

New updated skoda badges also fitted as the old ones were horrible and custy.
IMG_20200919_152157~2.jpg

IMG_20200919_152140.jpg

Have ordered new number plates and the darkside developments ERG delete. Just need to find somewhere that can gut the DPF for me as apparently they are a pain to get at because it's 4WD. After that it's remap time!

Still toying with the idea of a darkside GTB turbo for it too think it would be a great laugh with circa 220hp.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Was doing some digging behind the dash today fitting a new head unit and found a few extra boxes wired in. Power feeds on 2 of them had been chopped so just trimed the wiring out and removed.

The last one is still wired in, it looks like some kind of aftermarket immobiliser guessing I should probably leave it be.

Any ideas what they are? Just curious.

IMG_20201228_143855.jpg
IMG_20201228_143021.jpg
IMG_20201228_143017.jpg

Yogi

RMS Regular
Was doing some digging behind the dash today fitting a new head unit and found a few extra boxes wired in. Power feeds on 2 of them had been chopped so just trimed the wiring out and removed.

The last one is still wired in, it looks like some kind of aftermarket immobiliser guessing I should probably leave it be.

Any ideas what they are? Just curious.

View attachment 306450View attachment 306451View attachment 306452
Woodway is the control module for the emergency light system, the red stickered box allowed the engine to stay running without the keys in ignition.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Perfect family / winter / towing yoke right here. Cheap / Miley one in the classifieds atm was just looking at it last night, seems well sorted.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Perfect family / winter / towing yoke right here. Cheap / Miley one in the classifieds atm was just looking at it last night, seems well sorted.
Great cars, don't see myself getting rid of it for along while. its just to handy not to have around. If only it was an auto it would be perfect!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Great wagon, I need one of these for work! The civic is a bit low at the front for the sites and tracks I be up and down. What are they like on derv? I need something that does 50mpg+ With the miles I’m doing

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Great wagon, I need one of these for work! The civic is a bit low at the front for the sites and tracks I be up and down. What are they like on derv? I need something that does 50mpg+ With the miles I’m doing

Mine seems to get about 48-50 commuting from Carrick to Newtownards has seen 56 on motorway runs. Had it out up the hills today in the snow and it was like driving on a dry road no drama's whatsoever.