Octavia vRS TSi

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Picked this up on Tuesday for my birthday on a total whim and i'm loving it so far.

Needs a little TLC here and there, but i'll have it babied in no time :grinning:

I've got a few plans up my sleeve but they'll most certainly be in the long run! Loving the anti-derv sound! :laughing:

9BA6A19E-F28C-4DC9-BB81-276A622D605C.jpg

Needs a good clean and a buff then i'll get a few more pictures up!

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
(y) same as mine (apart from mine been a dirty derv)

There great cars, have to say after driving 700 miles around Scotland I'm very impressed!

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
Love this! I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Enjoy! (y)

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love the petrol models of these, would have a white estate no problem!

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
@KERR'S TYRES Done an awesome job of sorting me out with 4 new tyres for it too. By Awesome i mean a bargin :p

(y) same as mine (apart from mine been a dirty derv)

There great cars, have to say after driving 700 miles around Scotland I'm very impressed!

Yeah i thought I spotted you over on Brisky!

Very nice Niall.

Good to see you going petrol! :cool:

I'm glad to be back, one TDI in the household is more than enough. The wife managed 40MPG on the way back up from the Port' last night without dillydallying too much, so i think i might have converted her away from derv too!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
at 40mpg on a petrol with easier and cheaper maintenance you cant complain at all

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Loving these at the min! Out of interest what sort of real world mpg are you actually getting out of this?

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I was always very anti vag until I got my vrs. It's currently running a revo stage 2+ map and whilst it wouldn't set the world on fire it's entertaining for a daily. Am looking forward to sticking the bigger turbo on at the weekend though

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I added some silva tech bulbs to de-yolk the head and tail lights a while back, subtle but really helps the look.

After getting put oncall to cover the American 4th July celebrations yesterday I couldn't really leave the house so took into the car cleaning stuff!

The car needed a little TLC too with dirty tail pipes and a lot of little scratches.

So i decoked the exhaust tips with 2000 wet and dry and some AutoFiness APC as a lubricant.
Then polished up with scrim cloth and autosol.

I continued the rest of the car with some new products.

The 1st being the DemonShine snow foam, that's advertised on TV. Diluted about 1:5 with warm water it gave a nice thick foam that lingered for quite a while not the best ever but was sufficient!

Then I clayed it, not much came off and there was very little tar so that was a plus!

There were a lot of scratches around the handles from finger nails or rings or just carelessness.

So I buffed the car with Poorboys SSR 2 on a rotary then applied another new product.

AMDetailing glaze from an old Waxybox I ordered.

Loved this stuff have the paint a really nice depth and a wet look!

Finally I applied a coat of Nattys Paste wax, not my favourite, but seems to have done the job!

So next its in for a bit of apré warranty work at the end of the month, then after that it'll be having the wheels refurbished, I'm still undecided on colour for them.

Currently thinking of a high powered silver, but the wife thinks an anthracite would be nice... And so do I but... There's a trend occurring with my cars:

Ahem, I like grey.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404668252.861163.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404668252.861163.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 85
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404668289.494563.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404668289.494563.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 87

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Lovely mate! just lovely!

I got the pre-facelift one of these in derv back when the badge snobs snubbed them and I loved it! Only got rid of it as it was a derv and started to get boring

The other half 3 yrs on still hasn't forgiven me lol!!

These are very well-specc'd compared to the other equivalents in the VAG fleet, the price has soared in them over the past few yrs, HTD buddy!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Fantastic looking.

I'm a big fan of gunmetal wheels, but think these might suit the silver better.

Any photoshops or other cars with dark wheels?

Get some interior shots up too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.