Octavia VRS

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
bought this yesterday
Always had a soft spot for them,so when I got a good offer for the exeo I went on the hunt for one
And so far so good
2011 170 cr tdi
Have a few mods planned for it but will all be down the line a bit (I'm skint now:confounded:)

Sellers pic,will get a few decent ones when I get her cleaned up a bit ....

IMG_2310.jpg

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Lovely. Great cars and not bad to look at!

H&R 50mm springs are a great job.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Lovely. Great cars and not bad to look at!

H&R 50mm springs are a great job.

Was looking at your last on briskoda last night and thought I recognised the username lol
Not sure I'd want to go 50mm though,it handles great as is but needs a drop for looks
Was thinking 30/35 mm

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Was looking at your last on briskoda last night and thought I recognised the username lol
Not sure I'd want to go 50mm though,it handles great as is but needs a drop for looks
Was thinking 30/35 mm

Health to race bud.
30/35 is perfect, that's what I've got in A4 and it's manageable. Anything more and it will be too low. (y)(y) H&R are while crashy also. I removed them from wife's A3 when we got it and put Eibach in.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Health to race bud.
30/35 is perfect, that's what I've got in A4 and it's manageable. Anything more and it will be too low. (y)(y) H&R are while crashy also. I removed them from wife's A3 when we got it and put Eibach in.

Will be eibach sportlines (y)

gizmo98

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Few wee simple things today
Hands free kit fitted,new plates (metro style):laughing:
3 new wipers
Rear wiper washer was blocked,so had to sort that :mad:
Serviced,then a polish and a coat of wax :laughing::laughing:

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX
Nice motor, like these particularly in that blue colour. Nearly had myself convinced to buy one last year but didn't really have the cash that good ones demanded.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Nice motor, like these particularly in that blue colour. Nearly had myself convinced to buy one last year but didn't really have the cash that good ones demanded.

Cheers,there still making strong money yet but luckily have just crept into my budget
Still some asking silly money for ones too

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Really like these in race blue and you have got me looking at them! Though I be after an early mk2 tfsi.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Personally think the 50mm springs are perfect, they only lower the VRS 30-40mm though as the over all figure is based on the boggo standard Octavia and the VRS is slightly lower from the factory.

IMG_20161210_134548.jpg

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
For the hands free, see if you can get an Amundensen or Columbus with the built in Bluetooth.

I have the Bolero with a Kufatec Fiscon unit and TBH its a bit pish.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
Vrs Octavia
That does look a nice height (y)
I got a parott mki9200 and stuck it in yesterday,great wee bit of kit
I will eventually stick a Columbus in it though as I find the bolero a bit poo too,will be a while yet though
I have no MFSW either so want to add that as well

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I've the FBMFSW in mine from the Mk3 but need to change the steering module to get it to fully work as i had no MFSW originally either, also no maxidot.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Was looking through BS earlier and seems you need the maxidot to work with the mk3 wheel ?(don't have maxidot either)
I'm just going to go with the similar wheel with the MF,so can use my airbag
Really just want it to control the radio,not worried about anything else
But need new airbag loom and steering wheel controller too,it's just all a bit confusing on there trying to get part numbers 8o|

Like so....

IMG_2331.JPG

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
Cannot understand why Skoda does not fit a MFSW to some of the Octavia models. Even the entry level Passat comes with one.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Cannot understand why Skoda does not fit a MFSW to some of the Octavia models. Even the entry level Passat comes with one.

Yep I agree,was actually surprised at the lack of extras when I started looking at VRS's
I had it in my head they would have them all
I will add a few though I'm sure

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Excellent.

Fitting the highline cluster on my last Golf was the best mod I've done on any car!

gizmo98

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Need to ring auto tune tomorrow to find out if they can do it,contacted a couple of others through the week and they said they wouldn't touch it :scream:

No panic though as the polish fellas collecting the parts at the weekend over there and then posting them to me

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.