Off topic but.....Granite?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Off topic but does anyone know whats best for polished granite?
It's for my dad's headstone and surround. I clean it once a year with fairy up liquid but wondered if I could apply a wax or something to give it a better protection against the elements.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I have some stuff I got from Lamont Stone when they installed my quartz worktop. I’ll check later what it’s called

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Is it this gear you have @Deezer-D ?

Works not too bad, maybe try a bit of wax or sealant somewhere not obvious to try first

image.jpg

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
zafira :-(
It's not so much the cleaning. I'm aware that fairy up liquid strips it clean but what can i put on after for protection...if anything.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
If using a polish or wax be careful not to get any in the lettering like I did. Suddenly gold turns to white.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Before going to the expense of buying a sealer which may or may not work (as granite isn’t a naturally very porous stone) you can do a simple test

Get a small amount of a mineral oil on your finger and rub it into the granite.

If it doesn’t darken it then neither will a sealer.

If it does the surface can be sealed, and as the mineral oil is natural it will evaporate out

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.