OH GOD WHEREDO I START

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Pocket_rocket

im sure a lot of you can remember the white corsa from ballymena with the cossie wide arch kit on her?? Well i have it at my place now to fix up and get it looking like something again.
the work was all done by PPP bodyshop ( now reopened as power style )

basically the entire car has started to split etc, not a big deal really as there is soo much isopon on it i would expect it to split BUT as this is the first time i have seen it up close i was gob smacked to see how they fitted the punto headlights into it, couldnt believe the way the slam panel is cut up. the lights themselves coul not come out again and the bumper and stuff had to be painted with the lights in so its all over spray and sanding lines on the glass of the lamp units. next problem is the pass side light would not fit in so the mounting points had to be cleaved off and reattached once its in place.
well here are the pix
what do ya'll think of that?

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Just a bit of a rash job there :lol:

Seen this car few years ago and with the punto lights but it was missing either the front or rear bumper. Didnt look that rough!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
that is fukin ridiculous work!

just goes to show, the old saying seems to ring through - fur coat with no knickers on underneath!

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
aye i saw it knocking about when it was ricky scotts, never looked at it up close tho, from a distance it looked fine. if it was mine id have killed the guy who cut the slam panel up, and made them redo it. the slam panel in that shape means an automatic mot failure

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
same car as was on the cover so long ago and thats the way the slam panel etc was then too

Dermot

Just another Fibreglass and isopon Corsa... Jeff did you not know it takes a few buckets of Isopon to do up a corsa ? ...lol

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
ha ha its gonna be the manta from hell he he just waiting on the 400 kit coming and then i can get tore into it again and get her finished off cant wait to get it back on the road

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
that is truly ****ed up, dont understand why anyone would risk their safety just for that

Pac-Man

Banned
Aaaahh... now i see what we have to do to our cars to be 'unique', 'individual', 'custom', and all the other words people use to excuse the mess they make of their cars.

ROFLMAO

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
well i certainly know not to go anywhere near power style if im looking for bodywork in the near future!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
if anyone cut the ***** outta my car like that, i'd do the nut!

good on pocket rocket to name and shame these cowboys.... it's a disgrace do leave anyones car back like that, but ffs, did the lad who owned it not have a mouth on him? any body shop that would leave a car in that state needs closed down!

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
the car was fairly awesome when it was ricky's.. in fairness, i had no idea that the work underneath was SO ropey..... i remember how much he said the headlight conversion cost him.... PPP also put Daddyka's kit on origionally.... and it lasted 3 days before it needed done again..

Arouser

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
such a waste of a really nice car, i no i no its a corsa but it was a very nice car, some one spent alot of time and money on it in the beginning

bit sad seeing it like that now, ive got the fastcar here that it was in and it looked the nutts.

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
i am not naming and shaming anyone, no way thats not good to do at all. i just put up pix of a car i need to fix up. you can make ur own opinion of the quality of the job. to be honest the actual bodywork is spot on couple of paint runs but nothing real bad. slam panel is the evil bit.
not going to start slagging off powerstyles work my only problem with them is the prices they charge.

do anyone actually know what the job cost to do when ricky had it built?

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
in the fastcar shoot it had split where the bumper was smoothed in but the mag airbrushed it away

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
i have both the fast car and max power features knockin about sumwere, it was a gorge car bak then and i h8 tacky kits

poor tthings a mess now :worried:

Porter

RMS Regular
my god, at least my fiesta looked normal with the bumpers removed, that looks like a job id do with a mini hacksaw,

oh dear bet it cost an arm and leg too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.