old Skool Cruising

TimeModified

RMS Member
Drives
Old Skool
BANGOR CAR PARK

SUNDAY NIGHT

MAX POWER MAGAZINE

This is a thread to try and stir those memories of Bangor on a Sunday night. Getting together with friends and cleaning your pride and joy all afternoon before getting a MacyD’s and heading to the car park for a nights cruising.

So many people I’m sure have lasting memories of this era. Feel free to share yours of funny events, Max Power Cruises, the good and the terrible cars, and general banter and madness of all that went on.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Worst. Banner. Ever.

banner.jpg

TimeModified

RMS Member
OP
TimeModified
Drives
Old Skool
It was pretty poor and a real lack of a professional touch lol! I was in Bangor a few Sunday nights ago after a long time being a hermit with being a family man ect the usual story and I was surprised how empty it was. That got me thinking where is everyone now days?

TimeModified

RMS Member
OP
TimeModified
Drives
Old Skool
Very true with the fuel prices! I remember the week before payday sticking a fiver in for the Sunday night. A fiver wouldn't get you much now lol

TimeModified

RMS Member
OP
TimeModified
Drives
Old Skool
I remember them rumours the amount of times Bangor was packed with the rumour Max Power was coming and they were never gonna be there! What do you mean you would have to download scooter do you not still listen to it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

kristen

RMS Regular
Drives
Meganers250
bangors dead these days be great to get it back into the car scene especially if the better weather comes back!!

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
No one goes to bangor anymore, everyone goes to seacat still on a tuesday lol

Is there many still go to that? I went a few times before then it just turned into a joy riding session with a load of hoods standing about looking shifty, ain't been in years.

TimeModified

RMS Member
OP
TimeModified
Drives
Old Skool
I heard SeaCat could be dodgy at times I've never been! I would love to get back into things but having a family and other commitments doubt I'd get out much though would be good to have somewhere to go if I had some free time.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
it use to be dodgy from what i heard when i was 18, now im 22 and when i go up its pretty packed every tuesday. All be it the cars are all usually ***** but the occasional nice one pops in lol! But tuesday nights up a seacat is alright if youre looking to go somewhere for a bit! The meets at sprucefield etc are still pretty busy as well but imo the car scene just isnt as popular anymore :worried:

TimeModified

RMS Member
OP
TimeModified
Drives
Old Skool
Lol so do I mate! Some of the things we got upto were epic! I was hoping there would be a few more to share their stories of back then good times lol. Ah to be young again lol

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
i use to love springhill until the security started moving everyone and taking reg's lol

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
We used to head to Bangor, Antrim or in the summer months the Port every Sunday night and on the way home call into Ballyclare. Everywhere was always totally packed out and brilliant craic, growing old sucks (n)

TimeModified

RMS Member
OP
TimeModified
Drives
Old Skool
We used to head to Bangor, Antrim or in the summer months the Port every Sunday night and on the way home call into Ballyclare. Everywhere was always totally packed out and brilliant craic, growing old sucks (n)

I remember everywhere packed! Even week nights you would have got a few hardcore out! I remember one night the was a max power cruise, can't remember if was a rumour or they turned up but we were in comber Lisburn Nutts corner Antrim and Bangor it was good crack!

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Antrim Xtravision/Antrim lough- mondays, Seacat- tuesdays, Bangor- sundays and Ballyclare back car par - wednesdays were my old haunts back in the day lol

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
I remember fly or dan would have gave us a call sayin they were coming to bangor whilst over featuring some car would we land up.. Rem loading superlites into car after car was mental. Loved the drive up to bangor 80mile in a twin cam convoy.
Chris b should have stories to tell here.max power nights were savage. Best days of our lives, dam i feel old:worried: