Omega Elite 3.2 V6

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They are a great engine if looked after, which this one has.

Isuzu aren't they?

The 2.6 didn't like being abused. After about 90 mins of bouncing off the limiter spitting sparks out the rear it would just refuse to give me 100%. Had to keep a stock of various sensors in it to get it going properly again or just try my best cutting it about on 60% power. Got pretty apt at firing a crank sensor in without scalding my face & arms on roasting hot engine parts at the side of the track. It loved it otherwise though.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Isuzu aren't they?

The 2.6 didn't like being abused. After about 90 mins of bouncing off the limiter spitting sparks out the rear it would just refuse to give me 100%. Had to keep a stock of various sensors in it to get it going properly again or just try my best cutting it about on 60% power. Got pretty apt at firing a crank sensor in without scalding my face & arms on roasting hot engine parts at the side of the track. It loved it otherwise though.
I’ve honestly no idea who built/designed these engines.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
It’s a bit chilly this morning, a cool 8.5 degrees according to the mig. Just switch the heated seats on to take the chill away 😍

224D7C02-1566-44CE-A825-9A28080C9BB1.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I was offered this for it and had thought about it for a while but I can’t take a £700 loss.

c_rad

RMS Regular
I was offered this for it and had thought about it for a while but I can’t take a £700 loss.

That will absolutely break your heart. Doesn't even even idle correct... Brian, You need your head felt if you go for that. Honestly.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
surprised it wasnt black with black wheels lol

if its a cam sensor why not replace it and up the price?
Yea I wondered at that myself. I was looking online and whilst the cam sensor certainly could cause the poor idle, there are a list of other things that could also cause it, such as:
Maf,
Plugs (which he says he’s changed),
Coil packs,
CCV,
Various vac lines,
Air intake elbow/hose,
vanos,
Vanos seals,
Etc…

As @c_rad has said, I have a feeling that had I taken the £700 loss, I’d have my heart broke chasing causes for the rough idle!

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular

That looks the ticket @Blackie
That's lovely, with (what looks to be)the original dealer sticker and plates. Some new badges and center caps, reproductions of the dealer stickers and that would be a lovely thing.

Even has a bit of rust to keep you happy

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.