Once common cars that you don't see anymore

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Ah I see, could have sworn it was the same one.

A lady driving one couldn't get it started in the petrol station at Sainsburys at Holywood exchange earlier this year. I tried to help without results, I think it was an immobiliser issue.

This one? Middle aged lady with dark hair drives this one. Seen a lot at Holywood Exhange and Tesco etc.

IMG_20170909_232432_031.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A mate had a 360 briefly in the late 80's.
The 360 was very popular as a cheap drift car for a while. Rwd and takes some decent engine swaps. To the point where the racers hoovered them all up so prices for nice unmolested ones have gone through the roof.

The original Daf ones with CVT, the 66?, were hilariously bad, lol. The 340/360 that followed weren't as bad, but there was still the Daf link. The C30 that eventually replaced them was a better effort. Retro styling before retro styling was a thing yet :innocent:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
One at the back is 2.0 but cant see if it is a turbo - been sorn'd since 2012 (last MOT) I am guessing

Same with front, hasnt been taxed since 2014 or MOT 2015 - not Sorn'd

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Weren't the turbos a five-cyl on these? Or was that a different variant again? Or maybe I just imagined it 😇

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Cool! Not many TC's around, never mind Jubilees! New reg looks a bit out of place unfortunately but still a very nice thing.
Don’t know what the craic is with the Reg. Originally English ‘M’ reg according to the V5 which is non transferable.
Uncle has painted it for a guy in Portadown who is fitting corsa power steering and a type 9 box to her. I thankfully got out of doing that job 🤣

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I have a 40k mile 1.8 box if he ever needs one. I think my single carb 1.8 Coupe could do over the ton with the standard box in it and that really was as quick as you'd ever want to go in a Marina tbh. :p

Don't understand why anyone would need power steering on them as long as the trunnions are greased up ok. I used to run TR7 steels on mine with 185/60 tyres and you could still turn the steering with one finger.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Don't understand why anyone would need power steering on them as long as the trunnions are greased up ok. I used to run TR7 steels on mine with 185/60 tyres and you could still turn the steering with one finger.
And the best part is the guy who owns it is a 6’2 20 odd stone horse of a man who wouldn’t have an issue turning the steering wheel with the steering lock on! Whatever he fancies I guess!