Once common cars that you don't see anymore

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Seen that maroon Astra a good few times around Ards, even let you out of Freemans garage last week to get a better look at it!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Vectra b’s getting thin on the ground never mind estates
34C6312D-5847-477C-85D5-9308DA927455.jpeg

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Had a job in Donegall today and seen some crackers. Gse Monza and 2lr i Carlton being most noticeable

brendy7

RMS Regular
Seen that maroon Astra a good few times around Ards, even let you out of Freemans garage last week to get a better look at it!

What car were you in not alot of people will let you out of there can be a nightmare so cheers for that lol

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
There was a 1993 Letterkenny reg Renault 19 Charade in my work there - one owner from new!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Was just thinking earlier you never see those awful daihatsu/hyundai tall narrow granny wagons any more. Used to see loads about doing 15mph. I always thought they looked like they would fall over if you even thought about steering hard.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
Was just thinking earlier you never see those awful daihatsu/hyundai tall narrow granny wagons any more. Used to see loads about doing 15mph. I always thought they looked like they would fall over if you even thought about steering hard.
I thought that til I was in asda around 12pm. Place was like a old people's home car park

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Just saw a young fella driving a 1.9 205 GTI round tesco car park. Was a genuine one not a derv rep. It's been a while since I saw one of them and I've never seen someone young driving one.

Reactions: Ben

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
They rusted like mad underneath. Mate of mine used to spray old gear oil in round his every year without fail and he had it from it was nearly new and it still ending up needing welding. He was tortured by farmers to sell it and gave in in the end and got a small fortune for it.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Seen a wee dihatsu fourtrak yesterday.
Used to see them all the time, but hadn’t seen one in ages.
Used to be the farmers weapon of choice up in Mourne back in the day

Funny I seen one somewhere the other day and came in here to post about it.
Maroon one with a short reg. Also had a set of 100+ alloys on it so a real throwback!
Floods of Newtownards spare wheel cover do likely a local one from new which would be rare!