toyota-corolla-5-door-hatchback-side-1-14956.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 101

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Nissan Bluebird! Dad used to own a Bluebird ZX Turbo when I was a kid. I loved it and so did he until it blew a head gasket lol

FullSizeRender.jpg

Bluebirds used to be absolutely everywhere too. I saw one on an old *XI plate being driven by an auld doll a couple of years ago. First I'd seen in years and last I've seen on the road since!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
A mate at uni borrowed his dad's one week. I actually only noticed the fake vents on the rear wings for the first time when he brought it round.

Kinda like Almeras now, although they are that dull to look at, they just fade into the background now.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Rust killed most of the 80s/90s motors. Cars reaching the point where the cost to fix is far more than the worth of the vehicle so off to Tmet it goes.

That and the scrappage schemes :-#

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Volvo 240, seem to have disappeared completely. Used to be loads around here, never mind in Scandinavia, lol. Nowhere to be seen any more.

Scrappage scheme mentioned above, that could well be the culprit. Plus the values haven't really reached the stratospheric heights of some "classics" these days. Or at least those values weren't there when the scrappage schemes were around.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Still see a few tatty K11's around. The facelift ones were better rust proofed so seem to have lasted longer. I ran my K11 to 158k and I'd say 130k of that was bouncing off the limiter. Brilliant tough wee cars. Shocking rust proofing though lol

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
You never see Nissan Micra's anymore
Theres a first gen floating about belfast. Seen it a few weeks ago
nissan-sunny-3-door-hatchback-back-side-leopolis-grand-prix-2017-2-391727.jpg

Also one of these on top of a solid container beside ac components in portadown.

Last edited:

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Seen a red Nissan Pulsar GTI-R this morning on the commute.

Were never all that common, but they're near non-existant now. Can't remember seeing one this whole year.

Seems Integra DC2s and even DC5s are really rare now too. Can't remember seeing a Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT or an FTO in a long time either

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Seems Integra DC2s and even DC5s are really rare now too. Can't remember seeing a Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT or an FTO in a long time either

I was at a paintshop just outside Carryduff which was basically a 3000GT Graveyard. Haven't seen as many in my puff, some of them actually looked in good nick.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Saw a Skyline the other day and realised I haven't seen any of them for years either. Used to be everywhere not that long ago.

I guess they were all tuned and raced to death, and then the people who ran them are now all grown up with Range Rovers and kids, lol.

And young people are only interested in iPhones and Teslas and don't want oil on their hands 😇

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Saw a Skyline the other day and realised I haven't seen any of them for years either. Used to be everywhere not that long ago.

I guess they were all tuned and raced to death, and then the people who ran them are now all grown up with Range Rovers and kids, lol.

And young people are only interested in iPhones and Teslas and don't want oil on their hands 😇

They've also increased in price quite massively. I remember being fussy with a £3k budget :worried:

eamon343

RMS Regular
Seen a red Nissan Pulsar GTI-R this morning on the commute.

Were never all that common, but they're near non-existant now. Can't remember seeing one this whole year.

Theres a silver 3000GT that floats about holywood exchange regularly

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
What is your problem with Phones and Teslas? And your stigma against "Young people"? My quality of life is significantly better due to having an iPhone. Sure an old Nokia will have better battery, and may'feel' better, and have analogue-y physical buttons. But in the grand scheme of things that doesn't make it any better? How are iPhone's even relevant in this particular thread?