Once common cars that you don't see anymore

fj1200aa

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat
Late 80's in Antrim town the main man for buying a carpet from wore a large medallion and had a huge Irish afro he also drove a white A610.
3-4 years later he was driving a red turbo one with a bigger medallion - proves there is money in carpet and Alpines back then were just plastic fast Renault's.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Late 80's in Antrim town the main man for buying a carpet from wore a large medallion and had a huge Irish afro he also drove a white A610.
3-4 years later he was driving a red turbo one with a bigger medallion - proves there is money in carpet and Alpines back then were just plastic fast Renault's.
I’d say you’d get more rug in a Porsche than you would an alpine though 🤣

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
You are either too young to remember Eldorado tv soap, or don't want to admit you watched it. Main character drove a blue one.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Dealt with that couple a few times, the husband actually had another 2 of them, he lived with his mum up in the Wandsworths. He was a white chap, wife was a black girl, they had a very turbulent relationship, he left her and the blue car was his that he wouldn't take, she stoved the rear window in and it just lay there. It was actually an A610.
His name was Fred. Was a member on here also iirc. Big tall fella ponytail

I done the evening car maintenance class down in ards with him and his missus at the time

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Pretty sure he’s still a regular visitor on here!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Dealt with that couple a few times, the husband actually had another 2 of them, he lived with his mum up in the Wandsworths. He was a white chap, wife was a black girl, they had a very turbulent relationship, he left her and the blue car was his that he wouldn't take, she stoved the rear window in and it just lay there. It was actually an A610.

I used to live less than 20s from that house and remember seeing it every day. It wasn’t overly old back then!

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I remember my dad having a Renault 25 Monaco as a company car and when it was down getting serviced in Prentice in Ards there was always a sliver one of these parked in the car park - I was only a child and though my it was the best looking thing ever.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
I remember my dad having a Renault 25 Monaco as a company car and when it was down getting serviced in Prentice in Ards there was always a sliver one of these parked in the car park - I was only a child and though my it was the best looking thing ever.
I see one about ards all the time

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Not a common car on our roads but saw an old Cadillac with a California plate. Something like USA87IX.

Went through Waringstown headed toward Banbridge

Looked massive and wafty on our roads.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Not sure its really retro or even what it is but a funky wee thing

IMG-20220124-WA0000.jpg

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Nice MK2 GTi big bumper in Dundonald this morning. Green/grey, was hard to see in the pitch black lol

Looked really well with what i assume were BBS alloys, couldnt get phone to take a pic as was driving unfortunately

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Nice MK2 GTi big bumper in Dundonald this morning. Green/grey, was hard to see in the pitch black lol

Looked really well with what i assume were BBS alloys, couldnt get phone to take a pic as was driving unfortunately
Potentially saw it twice over the weekend down the peninsula, looked very clean.