Once common cars that you don't see anymore

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
What is your problem with Phones and Teslas? And your stigma against "Young people"? My quality of life is significantly better due to having an iPhone. Sure an old Nokia will have better battery, and may'feel' better, and have analogue-y physical buttons. But in the grand scheme of things that doesn't make it any better? How are iPhone's even relevant in this particular thread?

Nostalgia, init.

In fairness smart phones are amazing and an absolute blight at the same time.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
932B6164-D6CB-4514-91E6-B7A859755582.jpeg

Gambit

RMS Regular
And young people are only interested in iPhones and Teslas and don't want oil on their hands

To be fair they're not all like that...I bought a set of BBS split rim lips of a young pup yesterday who had who just replaced his lips with 2" items for his Ford Capri having just sold his wee mk2 polo gt on bike carbs. Was suitably impressed that one so young had a capri and that he was into tuning old skool cars as such
Theres a first gen floating about belfast. Seen it a few weeks ago
View attachment 251910
Also one of these on top of a solid container beside ac components in portadown.
Zx turbo variant was always a good looking car back in the day I thought. Coupe was rarer sight and also a rare looking thing

87__Sunny_ZX_Turbo.jpg

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
To be fair they're not all like that...I bought a set of BBS split rim lips of a young pup yesterday who had who just replaced his lips with 2" items for his Ford Capri having just sold his wee mk2 polo gt on bike carbs. Was suitably impressed that one so young had a capri and that he was into tuning old skool cars as such

Zx turbo variant was always a good looking car back in the day I thought. Coupe was rarer sight and also a rare looking thing

View attachment 251975
Old mate of mine had one of them back when you could buy them for 80 quid

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
MK1 Ford Galaxy.
I remember seeing one in Antrim town in 1995.
It was the first MPV I ever saw.
Looked completely alien at the time.
View attachment 251981

The Galaxies/Sharans were class. Mates parents had one and when he passed his test we used to all head out in it. Captains chairs and picnic tables. The seats even pulled out of it altogether IIRC.

0207-.jpg

These were around a long time before hand mind you.

D19Uywp.jpg

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
So, what is the ACTUAL story with all the Saxos and 106s that used to be like literally, everywhere?

I always put it down to the fact that they were accessible to first time buyers and ended up in hedges but I honest to god cannot remember seeing one in like, years. I have seen more 4g civics and crx's than I have Saxos in the past 5 years and those usually just Thanos themselves into dust

Another was the wee Suzuki Swift GTi (the proper one with THAT 1.3 engine)............those were absolutely crackers..........I have never seen a more highly strung engine out of the factory. Mate had a stock one bar a Janspeed exhaust and it just spat flames on demand. I do appreciate that they were made out of KitKat wrappers to be fair.

J

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I was chatting to a mate last night whose dad fixes up damaged cars. I asked if he had anything interesting in lately and he said not really, he has an MGF sitting for months he has to finish up still though. I can't remember the last time I actually saw one of those.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
The Galaxies/Sharans were class. Mates parents had one and when he passed his test we used to all head out in it. Captains chairs and picnic tables. The seats even pulled out of it altogether IIRC.

0207-.jpg

These were around a long time before hand mind you.

D19Uywp.jpg
There’s 3 Espace’s of varying age at the bottom of our hill rotting away. Other than that they’ve virtually disappeared

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
So, what is the ACTUAL story with all the Saxos and 106s that used to be like literally, everywhere?

I always put it down to the fact that they were accessible to first time buyers and ended up in hedges but I honest to god cannot remember seeing one in like, years. I have seen more 4g civics and crx's than I have Saxos in the past 5 years and those usually just Thanos themselves into dust

Another was the wee Suzuki Swift GTi (the proper one with THAT 1.3 engine)............those were absolutely crackers..........I have never seen a more highly strung engine out of the factory. Mate had a stock one bar a Janspeed exhaust and it just spat flames on demand. I do appreciate that they were made out of KitKat wrappers to be fair.

J

Saw a Saxo the other night..... Wrecked on Whinny Hill lol