Oooooossssh my new vans :-) blackwatered

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Thats some going ... are they all getting treated to black water?

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
4 of them already have. The others were done previous to Andy being used and were full vehicle wraps by Black Sheep

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Looks great Paul. Said it before but our guys still say these are the best vans we have had to date!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Great service so far here

uploadfromtaptalk1392829182395.jpg

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
Looks great Paul. Said it before but our guys still say these are the best vans we have had to date!

Just a great size and really nice to drive although we did have a new transit custom out to test drive and its a class above, the interior and the drive is exceptional for a van, 2.2TDCI too

Reactions: CR

RCT

RMS Regular
You can special order the Toyota ones with the option of a 160bhp engine. They go very well compared the 1.6 90bhp.

New boxer van due out end of June Paul. Facelift and looks a decent spec.

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
I had a good look at the toyota one at one of the country shows last year. That's the only 1.6 we have, not too bad but the mpg is better with the bigger item.

What's the new boxer look like ?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
All our vans are the 1.6HDI and they aren't great on fuel, especially the Dispatch which is only a 90bhp version. It's averaging 29/30mpg!

What else is out there that gives good economy?

RCT

RMS Regular
Only seen spie shots so unsure yet. Only got the message on Tueasday about the new one, as I seen they had only stock supplies of the current model available on the last few 'supply bulletins'. No exact specifications and weights etc yet, but not too far away. I might go for a chassi cab one as the sprinter is getting long in the tooth, so I'll be watching closely.

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
All our vans are the 1.6HDI and they aren't great on fuel, especially the Dispatch which is only a 90bhp version. It's averaging 29/30mpg!

New connect is pretty good chopper, most of the big vans are terrible. Low twenties in our lwb boxer

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Often the driver has the biggest effect on fuel economy !

Who drives the vans ? The likes of a 60mph speed limiter could make a huge difference to economy if they do a lot of miles.

And given speed limit for all the vans posted above is 50mph on Singles and 60mph on dual's, maybe not a bad idea ? ( unless you're owner/driver of course )

Motorway is full 70mph..lets face, there arent that many miles here anyway

RCT

RMS Regular

Big vans aren't that great and you won't see the mpg in the book over here, if your drivers are stop starting and town driving. Hiace vans loaded with tools are 20mpg ish, my merc sprinter 2.2 5 cylinder does 23mpg (measuring litres to miles) and the other new shape rotten bucket of ***** 515 sprinter we have only does 20mpg and its a 4 cylinder 150bhp engine, but it does pull 4 ton most of the time.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.