Opel Monza

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
wot u think of these?

my aunties boyfrend has a mint 1982 opel monza stored away at his car club which he mite be thinking of selling

monza_1978.jpg

dont know anythin about them apart from its a 3ltr with 180bhp and comes in a rosey/purple colour

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i love the monza's ! she could well be a 3ltr 12v GTE version meaning it should have LSD and they circle every bit as well as a twin cam corolla and drift every bit as well as a GSI carlton (same engine as the 12v GSi's)

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
A friend of mine has one which is totally mint and he picked it for an absolute bargain price of 200 quid about 5 years ago. His is a 3.0 with an lsd, its a bit of a handful due to its tank like size but easliy thrown sideways 8)

Pac-Man

Banned
I had one about 8 years ago, it was a bit rough but had an Irmscher spoiler and front valance. Big LCD dash like the Astra GTE as well. 3 litre straight six was under the bonnet and mine was the GSE (not GTE like Graham lad states above ;) ) with a manual box.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Sidewaysbuff had a mint white one of these in GSE form. As graham says, same 3.0 12v engine as used in the early carltons and senators, 177bhp, possibly an LSD. If its non-rotten it will certainly be worth a fair bit of cash.

Andy

Adam

RMS Regular
Thats not a particularly nice one in that pic. There are some gorgeous ones. Some of the guys on MIG are building V8 ones which are sweet!
I'd buy one if I could get a mint one.

casper-ac

RMS Regular
im on the look out for a classic of some discription could be interested dependin on how classic insurance works out. was thinkin along the lines of an ascona but he monza wd do!
that white one looks well!

Adam

RMS Regular
Loving those pics Andy. I saw some sweet ones ages ago on MIG. Must try and dig them up.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
mixture of opinions but that white one looks well!! :laughing:

ill ask for some photos of it and get a spec on it

any ideas on how much a mint one goes for???

(he also has 2 3ltr 12v senators!but unfortunately not for sale)

sidewaysbuff

RMS Regular
Drives
R32 GTR
well that car i had was a ex vauxhall opel press car had loads of intresting history was totally original and unrestored with 60000 miles was also a winner at billing that year as well i sold it for £2250 which was a bargain for one that condition . they are a true classic and rusted even better than a corolla if thats possible thats why they are so rare check the autobahnstormers site for more details on 6 cyl classic vauxhalls or barnstormers to there mates

seamy pug

any one that is into the old skool scene will deff like this machine. i my self am into the old skool machines and love the look of that white one

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
i dson't think it looks that bad, probs absolutly stunniung when it came out

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.