Opinions Wanted Regarding Entry Costs vs Entry Numbers

Would you rather have higher entry cost and less entry numbers or vice versa?

• Higher Ticket Price, Lower Entry Numbers

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Lower Ticket Price, Higher Entry Numbers

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RegalComps

RMS Regular
Hi Guys

I was looking for some feedback for the attached Poll

Say for eg If we are going to put up a desirable quad or road bike,

Would you guys prefer to pay a higher entry price therefore reducing entry numbers, OR a lower entry price & higher entry numbers?

Dave..

RMS Regular
I went for higher price less entries, although it depends on how high the price is but the better odds appeal.
I think you would have to test it out to see who your customer base is.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
It's a proper mixed bag.
For the watch I buy a ticket cause its like 4 quid but 1000s of entries
For the cars I rarely enter much that is over 20 quid or over 1000 entries

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
for a rough example say a road bike

£15 per entry x 400 entries
OR
£10 per entry x 600 entries

This is just an example

robbiers2000

RMS Regular
Drives
ford focus tdci
not much of difference wont matter
if I was you I would go wee pw50 and Suzuki quads always seem to sell well and cheap

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
not much of difference wont matter
if I was you I would go wee pw50 and Suzuki quads always seem to sell well and cheap
Nice Suzuki quad will be going up soon :cool:

I am not sure on the PW50 compared to a 50cc suzuki quad for kids, Wee quad I would say be alot more popular

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I liked Woodcutters suggestion, package holidays, track days etc etc that would be things people would be all over.

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
I liked Woodcutters suggestion, package holidays, track days etc etc that would be things people would be all over.
Need to get these bundles sold out first. They are going slow. I thought they would have sold out quickly! Plenty of facebook likes but trying to convert them to sales🤔

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Are you using the Facebook tools in terms of marketing the business and making sure the posts go out consecutively and at the peak times?

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
Are you using the Facebook tools in terms of marketing the business and making sure the posts go out consecutively and at the peak times?
we have sponsored all ads repeatedly and to suit locations & people audience we want, Guess its as we are a new company it will take a while for us to sellout!

Have sold a few through RMS, but hoping to get more RMS members on board, we will start into the motors and other types of competitions soon as we sell these 2 out

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Need to get these bundles sold out first. They are going slow. I thought they would have sold out quickly! Plenty of facebook likes but trying to convert them to sales🤔

I had a post hit 25k+ reach and it wasn't translating into 5-600 purchases.

If you have a car ready and waiting I would build some anticipation for it over the coming week and post it up. Couple of teaser images "Guess the car correctly, win a free entry!" It will draw more eyes to the other competitions too.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
we have sponsored all ads repeatedly and to suit locations & people audience we want, Guess its as we are a new company it will take a while for us to sellout!

Have sold a few through RMS, but hoping to get more RMS members on board, we will start into the motors and other types of competitions soon as we sell these 2 out

I see some companies are asking people to share & like the post for the chance to win a free entry. Might be worth doing...

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
I had a post hit 25k+ reach and it wasn't translating into 5-600 purchases.

If you have a car ready and waiting I would build some anticipation for it over the coming week and post it up. Couple of teaser images "Guess the car correctly, win a free entry!" It will draw more eyes to the other competitions too.
We are going to go with few quads first as motor related and will be around 300-350 tickets so should be easier sellouts then build it up to cars!
I see some companies are asking people to share & like the post for the chance to win a free entry. Might be worth doing...
we did this and gave 3 entries per competition! to be fair I guess we are only going 2 weeks today so it hasnt been too bad so far

Think alot of people will wait until timer is closer to 0 before buying (I hope :p )

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Surely something like a £5 entry/500 tickets raffle for a half decent motor 530D or something cheap to get the ball rolling would be better?

No point sitting there with a £6k car/bike and it not selling while it’s MOT dwindles away.

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
Surely something like a £5 entry/500 tickets raffle for a half decent motor 530D or something cheap to get the ball rolling would be better?

No point sitting there with a £6k car/bike and it not selling while it’s MOT dwindles away.
Hard to get clean cars at that money, and would want to be presenting any vehicle we have for competition as a nice clean tidy example

Thanks though and will have a look at a few options and see if anything is suitable

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Hard to get clean cars at that money, and would want to be presenting any vehicle we have for competition as a nice clean tidy example

Thanks though and will have a look at a few options and see if anything is suitable

I know it’s not easy to overlook a car being anything less than mint or a spotless example given your line of work, but any kind of half decent motor with a valid MOT for £5 isn’t going to be snubbed.

The likes of the S3 in the classifieds at £1700 would be an idea for a cheap purchase and I would imagine a quick turnaround.

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
What is the thoughts on straight up cash competitions:

£5 entry for £1000, £2000 etc ?

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
What is the thoughts on straight up cash competitions:

£5 entry for £1000, £2000 etc ?

Wouldn't be for me.

I only ever buy a ticket for a car i actually want to own. Once or twice I've added in a £2 "bundle" ticket as a "filler" but i wouldn't buy one on their own.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
The likes of those tech/cash/quad/tools are really only there to bump up the cashflow for the bigger prizes.

A decent car will hook in an audience more than any more smaller comps.

Could throw some £ at an influencer to promote a competition.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Holiday ones are a good shout, even watches

As mentioned though if you stick to felt type cars you'll sell loads