Opinions Wanted Regarding Entry Costs vs Entry Numbers

Would you rather have higher entry cost and less entry numbers or vice versa?

• Higher Ticket Price, Lower Entry Numbers

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Lower Ticket Price, Higher Entry Numbers

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave..

RMS Regular
Hard to get clean cars at that money, and would want to be presenting any vehicle we have for competition as a nice clean tidy example

Thanks though and will have a look at a few options and see if anything is suitable
Maybe a project car with mot etc would mean it doesn’t need to be mint. I agree with Nicky you need something cheaper to help build traction.
Surely something like a £5 entry/500 tickets raffle for a half decent motor 530D or something cheap to get the ball rolling would be better?

No point sitting there with a £6k car/bike and it not selling while it’s MOT dwindles away.
I agree and a good way to build interest.

KevM

RMS Regular
Its all relative to the amount of FB followers you have too. You cant run a draw where you are relying on 100% (or even close) of your followers to buy a ticket for.

This is probably how RKings are successful. Yes, they stick to High prices, but they only need a tiny percentage of their followers to buy, to sell out. The rest are left with a feeling of FOMO and are primed up for the next draw. No-one could afford to enter literally every draw they do, but because the draw numbers are low, they dont need them to.

If you go for large entry/low price but rinse your entire customer base, it'll be hard to get them to buy in for the next one

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
Lower price then people have the option to buy more tickets.
Thanks for the feedback

Its all relative to the amount of FB followers you have too. You cant run a draw where you are relying on 100% (or even close) of your followers to buy a ticket for.

This is probably how RKings are successful. Yes, they stick to High prices, but they only need a tiny percentage of their followers to buy, to sell out. The rest are left with a feeling of FOMO and are primed up for the next draw. No-one could afford to enter literally every draw they do, but because the draw numbers are low, they dont need them to.

If you go for large entry/low price but rinse your entire customer base, it'll be hard to get them to buy in for the next one

We are nearly up to 3000 likes on facebook in 2 weeks so off to a good enough start, But was hoping some of that and also RMS would help us sellout these cheap first few competitions
Maybe a project car with mot etc would mean it doesn’t need to be mint. I agree with Nicky you need something cheaper to help build traction.

I agree and a good way to build interest.
Have to say I am not keen on doing any cheap car as I want to build a reputation for having good clean examples of any motor, So think quads & roadbikes would be a good way to break into the market as generally speaking they are not expensive and you can get good well looked examples!

colin84

RMS Regular
You ask for advice here and on other threads, but it sounds like you are telling the customer what they want.

If the prizes you currently have are so good, then surely some of the 3000 people that liked your page would have snapped up 300 tickets. And realistically how many people are actually going to want quads or bikes? When actually needing a place to ride them and store them.

As for wanting to have good clean examples of expensive cars, there is already plenty of competition out there doing exactly that, as you will know, why not give something different? R-Kings have a mixture of vehicles because they ask the customer what they want to see. Some of their cars are selling out in under an hour that haven't even been given a wash or vacuum. People aren't so worried about clean examples when they could win it for pocket change. I don't believe that if you where to offer a cheaper car that would get some interest going, that the winner would turn round and say "this Audi S3 is not as clean as I expected, I want my fiver back".

The above may seem cheeky, but it isn't ment to be. Just offering some thoughts.

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
You ask for advice here and on other threads, but it sounds like you are telling the customer what they want.

If the prizes you currently have are so good, then surely some of the 3000 people that liked your page would have snapped up 300 tickets. And realistically how many people are actually going to want quads or bikes? When actually needing a place to ride them and store them.

As for wanting to have good clean examples of expensive cars, there is already plenty of competition out there doing exactly that, as you will know, why not give something different? R-Kings have a mixture of vehicles because they ask the customer what they want to see. Some of their cars are selling out in under an hour that haven't even been given a wash or vacuum. People aren't so worried about clean examples when they could win it for pocket change. I don't believe that if you where to offer a cheaper car that would get some interest going, that the winner would turn round and say "this Audi S3 is not as clean as I expected, I want my fiver back".

The above may seem cheeky, but it isn't ment to be. Just offering some thoughts.
No Colin, thats 100%, As said its a learning curve for us and we have to take all advice on board! We will have to try a few different things and see what works, Thanks for the reply:oops:

Dave..

RMS Regular
I agree, if I see a comp for quads etc I scroll on past.
The problem is finding a niche that offers something no one else offers, hence cheaper cars with a faster sell through rate, as more and more competition businesses start up now is the time to offer something different.

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
Have you asked your 3000 facebook followers what prizes they would like to win?
I would have thought that would have been a good start.
I think you should do a detailing draw. You could support other site sponsors. Just a thought but just my thought.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What about something like a classic scooby. Those always seem to sell well on the likes of DCG and R Kings. The idea of a detailing type prize would be of interest too though

As others have said, I would have no interest in the likes of a quad, simply for the fact I'd have nowhere to make use of it.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Fast saloons and estates catch my eye now I have little feet running about the house. For example a 3dr Golf R or S3 I'd scroll past but a 5dr would catch my interest

Anything German and diesel will appeal to many to get buyers in though

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
What if you don't sell out on the bundle comps your running currently, are you going to draw from the people that's entered or push the date up?

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
What if you don't sell out on the bundle comps your running currently, are you going to draw from the people that's entered or push the date up?
We can push it back 4 times if we want to but we will just see how we get on and hope get more sales closer to timer end. We will be putting up a few motors in the next few weeks so hopefully it drices some traffic to the website

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Between DCG and Rkings I have yet to hear, I won a car and now the bloody thing won’t start.
That can be 1 of 2 things, F it, it only cost me a tenner no point complaining or the cars they have are reliable.
personal opinion If I heard stories of cars not being reliable no matter what they’re worth I would avoid that company.
so I can see where the sides are colliding here, cheap car make a profit move on to something bigger and better but then your reputation as a starter business is at risk.

cheap car - heavily advertise the full recent service and any service history.

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
Regardless of the prize no one wants to wait 2 or 3 weeks to find out if they won

I’m not really interested in the tech bundles but the draw time would put me off buying.

Look at Rkings for example regardless what they have up its selling fast, there’s actually times it’s been sold out before even getting posted on all accounts.

How about small quick draws to get the buyers and followers up?
Something for the guys bored in work wanting a quick punt etc

Hopefully this comes across as helpful.

RegalComps

RMS Regular
OP
RegalComps
Regardless of the prize no one wants to wait 2 or 3 weeks to find out if they won

I’m not really interested in the tech bundles but the draw time would put me off buying.

Look at Rkings for example regardless what they have up its selling fast, there’s actually times it’s been sold out before even getting posted on all accounts.

How about small quick draws to get the buyers and followers up?
Something for the guys bored in work wanting a quick punt etc

Hopefully this comes across as helpful.

Yes but realistically as a new company starting out we couldnt have a timer any less than that.
We are moving onto cars and quads this week and hopefully sell them out in a short space of time as wont be high entries

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
R Kings definitely know their market so could be a lot to be learnt there.

Who knew there were so many wannabe Joiners and Tyre Fitters on the island....