Optimum no rinse

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Hi guys and girls,
Has anyone used this stuff, I used it today for the first time and I must say I was seriously impressed.
Don't think I'd use it on a really dirty car, but for light dirt and dust its unbelievable.
No powerwasher, no two buckets, no foaming and rinsing. Had the car washed and dried in about 20 mins, was much much less hassle and it hasn't caused any swirling or marring,

Don't get me wrong, sometimes a car needs a bloody good heavy wash/decontamination, but for well looked after cars this just makes more sense to me.

What's your opinion?

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Heard a lot of very positive comments on Detailingworld about it, but still can’t quite get past rubbing dirt/dust/debris against the paint surface with a cloth only carrying a spray product! Watched the videos and it does appear to achieve good results!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Same here - you wont be able to get every dirt/dust particle off without marring the car regardless of what the product is - you can still marr your car when washing so i would rather wash that wipe.

colin84

RMS Regular
My dad was buzzing about some water less wash stuff he bought, no idea what it was called, but he was very adamant about the nano technology! The car was sparkling to be fair, until you looked at the serious paint swirls in the sunlight.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Exactly - it will be great for the non car enthusiast who just likes to have their car clean and who cant be bothered with a full wash or cant wash their car regularly due to location/facility

I have a meguires product, something similar i bought to try to clean wheels with without washing the car - hasnt been used since its first attempt, wasnt fussed on it.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Haven't used any but planning on getting detailed onlines versions think it makes up to 5 liters when finished for £15 odd. On the group, no one really uses it as intended, more of a qd to everyone and for very little money compared to qd in general.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Where did you pick this up from @Eamo_vxr? Anywhere local?

I must confess to using a waterless wash on my wheels. Especially after taking the car for a first drive after washing.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Will order some up. I definitely wouldn’t use it on paint but waterless washes work ok for me on wheels.

Cheers!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Anyone else been using this? Tempted to get some ordered..

(1771) OPTIMUM Car Care Products: Brand Review ft. Yvan Lacroix! (PART 1) - YouTube

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
The boss uses it on his year old X5, it’s been ceramic coated, he’s fussy as hell too & absolutely swears by this ONR stuff.. says there’s no swirls or damage etc..

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
The boss uses it on his year old X5, it’s been ceramic coated, he’s fussy as hell too & absolutely swears by this ONR stuff.. says there’s no swirls or damage etc..

Depends on the coating as some are "self healing" but personally I wouldn't chance it

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
No issues with using ONR or Wolfgang Uber for waterless washes- been brought up loads on detailingworld etc…
I personally would rather wait and wash the car properly but for a light quick wash it’s deadon

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
It would really need to be just minimal dust on the car, anything bigger it’s getting trapped in a towel and that will scratch regardless.

I’ve used these out in the states when working there and it’s pretty common stuff and it does work. But you need to use a lot of microfibres. They don’t really get the same contamination and road debris that we get though with the climate.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
One if the key things with ONR is to allow it to dwell on the panel to work its magic on the dort particles. It's definitely not a spray and wipe type product.

When I tried it, it was most effective at a 1:30 ish dilution ratio - the revommended 1:20 seemed to leave smears on the panel. Spray the panel, and leave for a minute or so. If it starts drying, spray the panel again. I've seen posts with folk using grout sponges (due to the more open pore structure) but haven't tried this myself.

In saying all that, I still prefer a normal wash process - foam, rinse, wash, rinse, etc etc.

Cheers.

Niall