Order your winter tyres

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Winter tyres. Cold weather tyres. Snow tyres. Ice tyres.

Whatever you want to call them, they do the same thing. They give you the confidence and ability to drive during winter no matter the weather!

When it comes to winter tyres, planning ahead is key for best availability and pricing. And so ordering in advance is the best route.

We’re hoping to receive our first and main winter & all season orders at the start of November. Last day to order on the advance delivery is Wednesday 5.30pm 23rd October, with delivery shortly after.

Of course we can supply winter and all season tyres after this but the further in to winter we go, the smaller the choice and the higher the price (market forces!).

So if you’re planning on fitting a set of winter or all season tyres, send me a message and we’ll do our best on pricing.

*N.B. Company policy is that we won’t fit a just a pair of winter tyres if your other tyres are summers. Youtube is your best friend to explain this if you’re scratching your head wondering why! Obviously if you order two and you have another pair of winter tyres to match up, then we’ll be happy to oblige 😀

Last edited:

simy

RMS Regular
Still running last year's Maxxis AP2s, never got a chance to see what they are like in snow or ice, but very sure footed in standing water / heavy rain. Still plenty of tread left. Would recommend as a good, confidence inspiring all rounder.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I was expecting a winter tyres sales tread to mention "the worst winter in 30 years forecast for 2020".

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
I was expecting a winter tyres sales tread to mention "the worst winter in 30 years forecast for 2020".
Oh yeh, that’s a good one! Quick everyone give us your money now!! 😂

While yes they are great in the snow, it’s really below 7 degrees celsius when the magic happens.

And of course the whole idea is to be prepared, not to wait for the dreaded snowfall and ring every tyre shop in the country because it’s too late then.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Have you got two sets of wheels or prepared to switch tyres around twice a year?

Also, there’s a lot of good winter and all season tyres at the moment. The main thing splitting them is pricing which can be the biggest deciding factor.

What are your tyre sizes? Of course being BMW */ star rating will narrow your options too.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Have you got two sets of wheels or prepared to switch tyres around twice a year?

Also, there’s a lot of good winter and all season tyres at the moment. The main thing splitting them is pricing which can be the biggest deciding factor.

What are your tyre sizes? Of course being BMW */ star rating will narrow your options too.

No spare set of wheels unfortunately, happy enough to store my 'summers' though. Rear are 275/40/20 front 245/45/20, currently on P-Zero's.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
I can’t currently source winter tyres in your sizes with the BMW * rating.

I’ve sent out emails asking for pricing and availability and I’ll send you a pm if I hear anything.

Are there winter tyre sizes marked on your pressure sticker on the drivers door sill at all? Could be worth while grabbing a second set of wheels and putting on a square set up which most of them advise.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
I asked in your carrick branch a few weeks ago if you can get Nokian WR A4 225/40/18.
Was called later that day and told you can’t get them, is this still the case?

Worst case I can order from openo again.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Hiya, yes they called me for this but can only get the Nokian WR D4 and WR Snowproof.

We know that you are particular with your car so didn’t price these at the time but feel free to send me a message for pricing and availability if you’d consider them.

Reactions: PDK

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
I’m re-using the fronts from the E46 and the new car has 225 all round so I’ll just order them and have your lads fit them for me - genuinely the most careful, considerate tyre fitting service 👍🏻

SlowRider

RMS Regular
I'm looking for all seasons in 225/55/19 v rating for an X-Trail. I'd like a mid-range brand and seen you have kuhmo's in stock which would probably fit the bill. Are you getting anything else in that I should consider? Thanks.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
@SlowRider are you planning on going to mainland Europe this winter?

If so, these won’t be legal over there as it doesn’t carry the 3 Peak Mountain SnowFlake (3PMSF) symbol and so isn’t a ‘proper’ all season with winter use certification.

Maybe I should have used the term ‘all weather’ which would be a better description but the terms are used almost interchangeable.

Are you wanting a ‘proper’ all season/ all weather tyre that has the 3PMSF?

SlowRider

RMS Regular
No, it's just for the wife's car running around Lisburn (I know, why does she need an SUV?). I've had proper winter tyres before and they were great but I don't want to deal with changing them and storing tyres in the spring.

I just want "all season tyres" so that we have half a chance when the snow comes as I know that full summers are pathetic.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
By the sounds of what you’re needing, they’ll do the job nicely. Good ‘bang for your buck’ so to speak.

Don’t forget your RMS voucher code when booking online for 10% off - KEEPERLIT

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
What is the whole deal with the bmw star rating?

only have my X5 and I’m pretty certain they’re classed as all season tyres but don’t fancy looking at 315 section rears for winter

having said that the winter tyres on the fat 5s I got from @Lyons for the caddy were game changers

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'll be looking a set for the big Merc come the end of October I think.

2 x 275/35R19 and 2 x 245/40R19 I believe are the sizes I will require.

Probably run flats too as there is no spare in the car and no place to put one.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
What is the whole deal with the bmw star rating?

only have my X5 and I’m pretty certain they’re classed as all season tyres but don’t fancy looking at 315 section rears for winter

BMW XDrive is very sensitive to tyres and if you don’t run the * rated BMW approved tyres, it can cause issues with the drivetrain. Think it’s due to circumference and weight of the tyre. Sounds silly if you’re new to XDrive but it’s really not worth risking thousands of pounds of damage for us or the customer for the sake of picking the wrong tyre.

I'll be looking a set for the big Merc come the end of October I think.

2 x 275/35R19 and 2 x 245/40R19 I believe are the sizes I will require.

Probably run flats too as there is no spare in the car and no place to put one.

Going to be BIG money. The money you’d save going for standard winter tyres could probably pay for a fair few years of breakdown cover plus a nicer range of tyres to choose from!? Eg a single rear Pirelli winter runflat is £336!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Going to be BIG money. The money you’d save going for standard winter tyres could probably pay for a fair few years of breakdown cover plus a nicer range of tyres to choose from!? Eg a single rear Pirelli winter runflat is £336!

Fook that then, I have breakdown cover already, normal winter tyres it will be!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
BMW XDrive is very sensitive to tyres and if you don’t run the * rated BMW approved tyres, it can cause issues with the drivetrain. Think it’s due to circumference and weight of the tyre. Sounds silly if you’re new to XDrive but it’s really not worth risking thousands of pounds of damage for us or the customer for the sake of picking the wrong tyre.
Thanks for that.

Ive only done about 1000miles on them and hopefully I’ll not need to worry about them for a while, as I’m sure the 315/30/22 on the rear will be a nice cheap tyre and I’m sure winter offerings in that size will be few and far between

thanks again and when I am due, I’ll give you a shout

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Clearing out Hifly Win Turi 212 in 205/55R16 91H

Was £54.00 each, now £42.00 each while stock lasts.

PM to book

1076096B-20D0-4B20-B3F3-BA92B271F6BD.jpeg