Order your winter tyres

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
@RubberLover Hi I'm after a full set of winter tyres for my X3. Sizes are 235 45 r19 and 255 40 r19. I dont run star rated tyres but I was looking something a bit better than your standard ditch finder. Thank you. I've been told the rear size is hard to get so I can pay upfront rather than have you bring in an odd ball tyre to get stuck with

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Hi @JayT thanks for the tag.

Not trying to sound difficult but it’s just policy that we fit * star rated on XDrive stuff.

I understand that there may already be standard tyres and may be servicing you well but from our point of view, it’s just not worth the risk causing or being associated to any potential damage to the drive train.

I hope you understand our position.

I can certainly look in to * rated winters if you’d like me to?

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
@RubberLover The car has seen 210k miles and about 150k of that was on budget and normal tyres it's a 2005 X3 so I'm really not worried about the whole xdrive thing

SlowRider

RMS Regular
RobberLover, do you have any slots left on Saturday at either branch? I'm trying to book online and seems I've left it too late.
Also, when booking online do I pay then or can I pay after the work is done?

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Hi @SlowRider there is a two day window to allow us to move stock about stores e.g. we don’t want you to order a pair of tyres to turn up on appointment and the tyres are in a different store.

I’ll send you a pm and get you sorted

RevT

RMS Regular
@RubberLover - how about Kumho Wintercraft 225/45/17’s, can you do them? If so can you quote me for a pair fitted and balanced please. I already have them on at the minute but front two are down a wee bit now.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
How many do you need, when do you need them for and what make and model vehicle are they for? @PaulYDP

I'd need 4, no massive panic on them and for a MK5 Golf GTi. I could do with replacing two tyres soon so thinking of a set of winter tyres instead.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
I'd need 4, no massive panic on them and for a MK5 Golf GTi. I could do with replacing two tyres soon so thinking of a set of winter tyres instead.
How about all season which will save you from having to buy 6 tyres between now and spring?

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
How about all season which will save you from having to buy 6 tyres between now and spring?

Was actually thinking that after seeing the Hankooks on your Facebook page! Send me a price through for those or similar when you get a chance. Cheers Ivan!

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
I’ve sent you a pm about the Hankook Kinergy 4S2 😃

E97236AD-5BA5-4802-80EF-8A504871E386.jpeg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Are 4 season tyres good enough in the summer. I've used them in the winter and they've always been dead on in snow frost etc but never tried them in the better weather.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
OP
RubberLover
Absolutely, most all season tyres are based on winter tyres and adapted to be more suitable in the summer.

Stuff like the Michelin CrossClimate and Hankook Kinergy 4S2 are more of a summer tyre with winter capabilities.

There’s never a perfect tyre, you’ll never get a tyre that will wear 50k miles, super quiet, super sticky in hot or cold weather.

All seasons are a good idea for climates like our own and also saves the expense of swapping tyres over twice a year. Of course the optimal way is a full set of summer and winter for the appropriate weather.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I know you say you won't fit a mix of winter and summer tyres but will you mix a pair of all seasons and summer tyres.