Original dealer plates??

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Who could make up a set?

Think I’ve found an image example of what they would/could have been like for reference

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have been meaning to get a set of these myself but no idea who the original supplying dealer was.

Anyone know who was selling new Austins in 1985 in Belfast?

simy

RMS Regular
@Coog Post #73 in here?
Austin Rover Dealers 1980S/90S - Page 5 - Mini Chat

download.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I'd found this picture a while back but couldn't make the dealer out on the plates. I've drawn a bit of a blank on it. There's a fairly good chance this wee car came from the same dealer as mine. The reg numbers are pretty close. Doesn't look like WH Alexander on the plate. Looks like it was pictured at a classic car show in Antrim in 2011.

austin-metro-at-a-classic-car-event-in-antrim-northern-ireland-uk-C4EFKE.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Flip me that's been doing my head in for weeks. Should have just asked :joy:

Cheers!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Wonder was that the supplying dealer from new. I always thought *XI plates were greater Belfast area.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The last letter of the second word looks to be tall, not an “m”?

Thompson-Reid Limited were an Austin dealer in Belfast in the 70’s.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Abrahams would have been IB if it was bought there. Mates parents still have HIB *** from their metro.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
@Coog Kelly’s were on the Shankill, just where the petrol station is at the Leisure centre, then you’ve Kanes of Comber who were also on the Newtownards road in Bangor, all Rover/Austin 70’s through to the early 90’s.
Also Logan’s at Newtownabbey at the roundabout were a Rover dealer too if I’m not mistaken.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Ring Abrahams to check? Dust off the old ledgers.They are usually quite helpful and have still a few old rovers knocking around.

Rallyfreaks

RMS Regular
Drives
Golfs
Could it be Mervyn Stewarts - possibly sold Austin Rovers in 80s on Beersbridge Rd - where Colin Adams Autoparts are now?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
@Coog I assume you have no service history with the car? Chances are the garage that did the first service was the original selling dealer