Outcast Meet hosted by Jacobs Supercars & TMC Motorsport

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I think the policing approach was brilliant if I'm honest. Minimal presence and from what I seen officers were engaging with people, talking about their cars and generally having a laugh. Apparently a few cars were stopped on the way out (although probably no surprises there lol) but from what I understand there were no tickets or fines issued, just a bit of a 'wise up' chat.

Glad to hear it was well received ...... some of the driving whilst leaving was “inappropriate” and put us in a difficult position (along with the organisers) as the event was, by that stage, already drawing negative reactions from local residents. We fielded multiple complaints about the driving, parking and noise..... and when the event was winding up, where we were under the highest scrutiny, we were forced into speaking to a few drivers.

Didn’t particularly want to, and the behaviour on site (probably due to space constraints) was exemplary.

Car events and meets are under scrutiny in normal times.... and we are trying to balance the enforcement “you always pick on modified cars” attitudes versus genuine concerns about driving standards arriving and leaving an event by residents. The majority of vehicles yesterday were 100% as they left..... couple we couldn’t look past....but we are working with the hosts on ideas to try and resolve the “police” concerns

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Glad to hear it was well received ...... some of the driving whilst leaving was “inappropriate” and put us in a difficult position (along with the organisers) as the event was, by that stage, already drawing negative reactions from local residents. We fielded multiple complaints about the driving, parking and noise..... and when the event was winding up, where we were under the highest scrutiny, we were forced into speaking to a few drivers.

Didn’t particularly want to, and the behaviour on site (probably due to space constraints) was exemplary.

Car events and meets are under scrutiny in normal times.... and we are trying to balance the enforcement “you always pick on modified cars” attitudes versus genuine concerns about driving standards arriving and leaving an event by residents. The majority of vehicles yesterday were 100% as they left..... couple we couldn’t look past....but we are working with the hosts on ideas to try and resolve the “police” concerns

If I'm being honest, not that long ago I would have been pretty anti-police but I have since taken up a line of work which involves a lot of liaising and working with the PSNI, both locally and at a more senior level and I have to say my mindset has completely changed as I've got more of an insight into things.

As you say on one hand you have the car scene who I feel genuinely do get an awful lot of police attention at times, perhaps not always justified - and on the other hand you have local residents who also have very legitimate complaints and concerns. It must be a really difficult one for the police to weigh up but I think yesterday's approach was a good as it could have been!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: Pent-up demand. That's what your local car dealer will tell you is the latest reason they can't give you any discount. With things opening up in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic, and us car lovers not able to meet up and see some new metal, pent-up is definitely what was experienced... (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
If you had seen the level of complaints about this show today...... from residents, about parking, noise, driving, etc........ had it not been for some “fun ruining” presence it would have been shut down by local police ...... as it was, not a single ticket written and only 3 drivers stopped and “spoken to”.......and given the driving toward a liveried police car, there could have been multiple court appearances without any doubt.....

Awkward position to be in when you’re invited, and then have to balance the enthusiasts enjoyment with residents concerns ( residents issues were well justified imho)

Site was too small due to unprecedented attendance levels, and no great or easy options for overflow parking. Kudos to Ross from Anachem for the sanitiser stations.

Not the fault of the organisers for promoting their event, nor those wanting to attend..... just as us been posted, the only option this year event wise

It was more of a term of phrase. I also said it would be nice if there was a stretch of road where cars could do fly bys.

I did mean somewhere more private and not so close to a large residential area and not on a public road, but take it as you will.(y)

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
I drove past this on my way to somewhere else - The phrase "herding cats" sprang to mind and I thought about the inevitable complaints from the residents about people parking everywhere and "using the road like a racetrack" (after viewing the exit video).
The Ferguson centre is in a slightly odd place in the middle of a residential area so it's never going to be a good choice for an event.
However it looked like fun and it was great to see the appetite for it.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Wasn't there something else the week before in the same place? I saw clips on Instragram of that event of people doing acceleration pulls and burnouts and that's what put me off going to this one.

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
Wasn't there something else the week before in the same place? I saw clips on Instragram of that event of people doing acceleration pulls and burnouts and that's what put me off going to this one.

That was the JPCCNI charity fundraiser (burgers with Pops & Bangs I think they called it) at Powdertek you my have seen. Completely different location (private, out at the docks, not residential) so people could burnout til there hearts content lol. Looks chavtastic but it was an absolute laugh and everything was safe (from what I seen). If your against acceleration pulls you may be in the wrong forum lol.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Think some people quickly forgot it was a residential area when the anti-lag banging started. I don't mind the odd bit but some took the biscuit, not one bit surprised locals complained really. Struggled to hear my mate talking beside me sometimes it was that bad. Other than that it went quite well. I was there with Jason from Ace Detailing Products, brought the GT86 for a change although it's not really a highly modified "show" car it got plenty of compliments :cool:
FB_IMG_1597687000774.jpg

Last edited:

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Was there in the M3, arrived very late but was still good craic, some very nice stuff there - Thought the police were also fair considering!

rryans11

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra 290
Think some people quickly forgot it was a residential area when the anti-lag banging started. I don't mind the odd bit but some took the biscuit, not one bit surprised locals complained really. Struggled to hear my mate talking beside me sometimes it was that bad. Other than that it went quite well. I was there with Jason from Ace Detailing Products, brought the GT86 for a change although it's not really a highly modified "show" car it got plenty of compliments :cool:View attachment 291582
Nice to see one that's not scraping along the ground, looks great.