P21S Carnauba wax

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

casper-ac

RMS Regular
Anyone ever used this stuff.
i bought some from pakshak at the end of last autumn and unleashed it there yesterday and the day before on the golf.
im very happy with it.
good deep shine and lasts thru at least one wash anyway!
also very easy buffed off with a decent microfibre.
Doesnt mark balck trim which is good.
So im quite pleased. not the most expensive of stuff either.
tolae_1991_94912867

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I have some too, use it occasionaly. Its a good wax for the price, impressive gloss but no durability with it. But if you wax your car alot then it will be fine

Ruth

RMS Regular
As pete says it does give a pretty good shine and nice wet look to the car, but i had it wash off within a week once!

casper-ac

RMS Regular
OP
casper-ac
Well regarding the durability then, would a layer of it on top of collonite or vice versa any use?

If im right in thinking you can put both waxes on, say a less durable one with better shine and a more durable one. But which is better on the paint first?

PJS

RMS Regular
You'd want Colly over the top, since it has better longevity, but I suspect the carriers in the Colly would strip the P21S (R222).
They've a new version coming or already out, which is pure carnauba rather than a blend, but whether that makes a difference to the longevity is debatable.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i use the concpet pure carnuaba wax, i'd supurb and lasts a brave while after a few coats have been built up

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
P21S is a lovely wet look wax, easily applied etc, but doesn't have great durability, but when it's as easy to use it's hard to resist it.

red cars react very well with it for depth of wetness looks

casper-ac

RMS Regular
OP
casper-ac
So basically if im washing and waxing airly regularly then its a good job. if not collonite would be better.

Would Collonite with P21S on top offer some durability with a wet look shine?

PJS

RMS Regular
As explained above (!) you'd want to seal in the P21S with Colly, but I suspect the carrier oils/solvents will strip the P21S off, so it defeats the purpose of the exercise.
Assuming you put P21S on Colly, the former will fall off, leaving you with latter, so you'll be putting P21S back on again just as quickly as if it was on the paintwork directly - so nothing gained.
If you're hell bent on sticking with P21S, then get into the habit of applying it regularly, since that's what it'll take.
Otherwise, look for something else that gets as close as P21S does to appearance.
Ultimately though, it's the preparation of the paintwork that makes the difference, not the wax - that's just the cherry on top of the cake.
The difference between a £20 wax and a £1000+ one on a well prep'd car will be very hard to quantify, and even appreciate - you're talking very fine subtleties and nuances.

casper-ac

RMS Regular
OP
casper-ac
well i think the car is well prep'd.
i had it treated to a makeover there a week ago, PC'd etc professionally. he buffed it with polish etc then the wax was left to me. i did give it a coat of collinite to protect it somewhat until I got to spend some more time on it. Then i started to use the P21S and found it good. But Ive only used it twice and that was on consecutive days.
Around this time I start to wax and wash every couple of days so i guess P21S will be ok for me for a while.

Detail NI

RMS Regular
collinite then p21s...

Just like putting say dodo hard candy (hardwax) and then purple haze (softwax)

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
alan_d gave me a full tub of this as he didnt like it.

put it on on sunday for the first time, and the shine was unreal as said, but he did mention that i`d need to re-apply regularly

rosssei

RMS Regular
lol your a detailer at heart.....i saw you on sunday picking wax from your nails ;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.