Paint Correction or Body Shop?

reedy

RMS Member
The car I bought recently has the usual swirl marks in the paint and it was my intention to get the car sorted when I could and I am now ready to get it sorted.

Though as can be seen in the photos below there is some heavy scratching to the roof and I took off recently some vinyl stripes to unearth a mask line, not sure if it's just lacquer or paint/lacquer (I can flake bits of and it leaves the original paint under it).

Who would I be best going to for this? I haven't approched anyone yet. Is this something that can be dealt with with a paint correction or is this something I will have to go to a body shop to get sorted first and then get the paint corrected after?

20200502_205922.jpg 20200502_205927.jpg 20200702_141224.jpg 20200702_141129.jpg 20200702_141137.jpg 20200702_141142.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
If it a mask like or dirt mixed with glue. Taken some tar and glue remover to it and see if it improves any. If it doesn't it will need painted. Those scratches will also need painted to repair them totally

reedy

RMS Member
OP
R
Ah thanks, that was my fear that it was body work. Just as well as I was going to be heading your way for a correction.

Defintely a mask line. I went over it already with various things but no. You can see slightly in the third picture a bit were I had picked at it and it leaves a rough paint edge and the original paint under it.

The left of the line is the terrible paint work that was done for whatever reason as it's slightly cloudy/hazy and the original paint is to the right of the line.

Anyone have any recommendations for a body shop around the Bangor area? A place at the old Lockhart dealer site was on my mind from previously being recommended it but can't remember the name.