Paint Protection Film

Martyn

RMS Regular
if PPF is stopping mid panel then youll always see the line

OT but can you buy the film itself in like 1m width roll? Is it expensive?

PPF is widely available on eBay - they even do laser cut sheets for the front of the car. XPel also do single use track day film that is easy applied and removed.
Interesting to be fair. I will try complete car care in Lisburn myself when i get sorted with a new car.

I don’t really want to say what they quoted for my car - but the price was very good.

They had a Tycan and GT4 in the day I was down. Both had full car ppf and from what I could see the work was as close to flawless as you could expect when someone sticks plastic film all over a car.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Id recommend the Complete Car Care Company also. Got my M4 front done recently, they kept in touch to make sure I was happy.

Used them for a couple of things, could not be more helpful.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Id recommend the Complete Car Care Company also. Got my M4 front done recently, they kept in touch to make sure I was happy.

Used them for a couple of things, could not be more helpful.

Did you have a ceramic coating applied as well as the PPF? I was wondering if I should just get the paint work in a good condition and then apply PPF and forget about a ceramic coating.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Did you have a ceramic coating applied as well as the PPF? I was wondering if I should just get the paint work in a good condition and then apply PPF and forget about a ceramic coating.

I had the paint ceramic coated, but realised it was getting a few chips. Got them sorted, then PPF over the top.

The PPF isn't very hydrophobic at all, so I've used Farecla G3 pro sealant on it. Meant to give around 3-6 months hydrophobic properties, and seemed like a good compromise from getting a ppf-compatible professional ceramic coat on top for more £££. It does seem to be doing what's promised.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I had the paint ceramic coated, but realised it was getting a few chips. Got them sorted, then PPF over the top.

The PPF isn't very hydrophobic at all, so I've used Farecla G3 pro sealant on it. Meant to give around 3-6 months hydrophobic properties, and seemed like a good compromise from getting a ppf-compatible professional ceramic coat on top for more £££. It does seem to be doing what's promised.

How is it in terms of cost? Send me a pm if you prefer