Painted Caliper Refurb - Anyone do this?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

focus_rs_jonny

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
Im looking 4 calipers on a Boxster S refurbished. Some tit sprayed strong wheel cleaner on them and the lacquer has broken off in places and the red colour has gone milky. Does anyone know someone who could make a good job of them? The writing on them is only a transfer so its easy enough repaired.

Thanks

focus_rs_jonny

RMS Regular
OP
focus_rs_jonny
Drives
Datsun
Did you do it yourself Paul or get someone to do it? I dont want to get them all stripped down to powder coat as its only the front faces. Id like someone whos good with wet paint to do them so they look like new again

pablo

RMS Moderator
no a mate (sprayer) done them. suitor should be able to sort them handy enough.

then get some decals

focus_rs_jonny

RMS Regular
OP
focus_rs_jonny
Drives
Datsun
Right enough I never thought of him! Just saw the state of them today and went into panic mode. Thanks

SuitorMenswear

RMS Regular
Jonny, there was a time when i was on ur mind 24/7. Dont u love me no more??? Im gutted...

ha, yeah best way is a nice thick 2k paint. New Brembo decal, then a taste of laquer over the whole lot. Should have em like new bud!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.