Paintless Dent Removal for Beginners

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I've two tiny dents on the side of my Swift and was thinking of investing in one of those glue dent pullers. I've no experience with these but thinking of giving it a shot.

Some on Amazon for about £30, are these any good or are the better out there?

Has anyone any experience with these pullers or tapping etc? Is it easy to pick up or is it not as easy as it looks as I suspect?

Cheers!

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Give it a go, what's the worst that could happen?

hqdefault.jpg

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
30 quid a quarter of what you will give a professional but they will make 500x the job you will

Simple mafs

;)

Ring Dent Magnet..............be done with it

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
I'm not planning on going mad straight away. They're two tiny dents that I reckon that glue puller could get. In not planning on breaking out the hammer yet. Just interested in how it works. ..

I was thinking of a new hobbie that could maybe make me money. I'm just bored lads ffs don't want to pay anyone any thing:joy:

Asking for advice and just got hit with a barrage of "pay someone else". Cheers for the confidence boost!:joy: ... d**ks:joy:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I seen a video of dent removal before which consisted of a big black (I'm sure other colours are available) dildo being stuck onto the car and 'pulled off'. Worked really well.

Id personally just pay someone or leave then as likely some other moron will dent it at some point.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
I remember Mike at RMS dent day for £30 per panel. But f*** waiting hell knows how many years before that happens again:joy:

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Perfect timing. I whatsaped DentsNI & DentDivision but neither have responded yet.

I used a fella that lived in market hill a few years ago. Anyone remember his name, guy in his 30's. Had a defender, I think he moved to Australia for a while. He was a pro!

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Well........I paid 120 recently which I thought nothing of in the big scheme of things compared to insurance and paint etc. and it is showroom perfect. No trace. Nothing.

Paid the same outfit 110 or so a couple of years ago when daughter #1 swung my door into the neighbours x day old Audi :worried:

for 30 quid a panel i am pretty sure i would get every panel on the clio done..........where when who how?

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
P.s. Chris @ Dent Magnet.

Both times the car has been left 100% and I was being super picky both times.

MarkM

RMS Regular
£40 a panel from most dent guys and a perfect job, I would’nt be bothered faffing about with it myself 8o|

Try Brian of dent workshop in Galgorm, top man, no way would I pay £100+ . He’s done dings in mine twice, I’m fussy about my cars and wouldn’t let a half assed outfit near it. He’ll be doing a dent day in the summer so everyone can see his set up.

Last edited:

Ant

RMS Regular
you're doing well if you can get any of them to respond to pay anything per panel tbh, either wouldn't respond or too busy with dealer contracts and weren't doing anything else.
I ended up giving up trying after two weeks of ringing round/messaging the last time and got it done through pete the last time i'd the car in for a spruce up

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Well.....each to their own I guess.....I never felt "reamed" though (lol, that term).......Called Chris late on evening car was damaged and he sorted it next day at wife's work.....no fuss. That's worth the money on its own tbh

And, not sure if it is reflected in the price but this wasn't a "ding"............it was around 2.5 hours work

J

RevT

RMS Regular
Dent men are usually £35-50 per panel I find but if it’s something that is extreme and going to take 3 hours work obviously they’ll charge more for the likes of that.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The glue suckers etc don't really work tbh. I've one here you can try if you want.
Thinking of getting a set of the tools just to play about on the MX5 as it picks up we dents all the time on the Targas. Doesn't have to be perfect, just presentable-ish.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
I highly doubt any of these boys were born with the knowledge and had to begin somewhere.
I have no experience with either entry level tools or high end tools but I think you should 100% give it a blast , I am going to do it myself when I get the time.

If you have a 20k car and want the panel left like glass , pay someone who has done thousands of times before.
If you have a car that you want to take the bad look off , and find out if it’s for you and maybe pick up a bit of skill , do it.
Document your progress , I would be keen to see how you get on

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
I'm debating weather I should shell out for this right now.. the glue puller is cheap enough but the whole kit is expensive. If I had my own garage I'd buy it to practice and hold onto it. I'm feeling like I'll need more than just a glue puller tool for what I'm after. I'm not afraid to tackle things on my car. It's not a Maserati. If I mess it up I'll just practice more... If I find out I'm useless at it I'll call someone. How am I going to find out unless I try eh?

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
I seen a video of dent removal before which consisted of a big black (I'm sure other colours are available) dildo being stuck onto the car and 'pulled off'. Worked really well.

Id personally just pay someone or leave then as likely some other moron will dent it at some point.
i reckon he has a dildo

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
I have one of thon glue gun puller yokes..................took 80% out of a brute of a dent out of the wifes last car but obviously, the craft is removing ALL trace of the dent and the puller alone isn't doing that

The craft is the tapping with a tody hammer and plastic poke in places that arent dented to make the magic happen

Time and experience with that I am sure

J