Paintless Dent Removal for Beginners

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
Perfect timing. I whatsaped DentsNI & DentDivision but neither have responded yet.

I used a fella that lived in market hill a few years ago. Anyone remember his name, guy in his 30's. Had a defender, I think he moved to Australia for a while. He was a pro!

That’s Chris Ardis. You’ll never get him though, he only does work for dealers now. He sends everyone else to DentsNI.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
That’s Chris Ardis. You’ll never get him though, he only does work for dealers now. He sends everyone else to DentsNI.

That’s the fella! He was fantastic last time he did some for me, would use again!

I got a quote for £120 for 2 panels from dents ni. Prices have defo went up that’s for sure.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I seen a video of dent removal before which consisted of a big black (I'm sure other colours are available) dildo being stuck onto the car and 'pulled off'. Worked really well.

Id personally just pay someone or leave then as likely some other moron will dent it at some point.
That wasn’t a dent removal video mate :joy:
On a serious note tho if you do buy it you can have a panel of anything I’m scrapping to perfect your skills before letting lose and possibly making things a whole lot worse at the start, think there should be bonnets n wings there already.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
That wasn’t a dent removal video mate :joy:
On a serious note tho if you do buy it you can have a panel of anything I’m scrapping to perfect your skills before letting lose and possibly making things a whole lot worse at the start, think there should be bonnets n wings there already.

That's what we did in tech. Then used all the wee hammers to make it slightly worse :joy:

It's a magical art for sure but sounds like if you invested the time / money in it you could probably do pretty well!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I imagine this isn’t rocket science, plenty boys do it. If it’s a one off I’d pay someone but if you wanted to learn it for a business idea then I’d go for it,
I imagine the hard bit is getting access with modern panel design and double skins and crash bars

colin84

RMS Regular
I tried to enrol in a course I seen advertised somewhere, it was about 15 years ago. Guy came out to my flat to give me the details, and continued to do the hard sell. He told me there is only one place left and it would require the £800 fee up front to secure. I said I would think about it, he replied with you might miss out etc etc. He did sound convincing, but there was no chance I was handing over 800 quid to a stranger for a hand written receipt.

My Da was also suspicious and started to look into it a bit more. Phoned the few places where the other courses where ment to be held and they had never heard of him or the company. None of his phone numbers or his own addresses checked out. I doubt I would have seen my money again.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Brian of dent workshop in Galgorm, top man, no way would I pay £100+ . He’s done dings in mine twice, I’m fussy about my cars and wouldn’t let a half assed outfit near it. He’ll be doing a dent day in the summer so everyone can see his set up.

His prices start at £90 when I messaged him? Is he a friend of yours?

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
I still struggle to see how anyone can produce a proper job of a dent worth dealing with for £40...............not being a deeeck like, but I just don't...............unless its either some tody wee pea sized pop or part of a group buy with loads of people.

I mean, I would spend £40 in McDonalds without batting an eyelid :laughing:

J55NI

RMS Regular
Does anyone have any contacts that actually remove dents for around the £40 mark, I have contacted the few mentioned in this thread and £90 -£120 is the cheapest they have quoted.

Andynel

RMS Member
Drives
peugeot partner
I remember when a pint was £1.65 everything goes up in price!
Dent mans point of view drive to God knows where sit in traffic fix one dent for £40 (which is madness) before you know it 2 hrs are gone or go to car dealership spend half a day there fix a load of dents and then move onto another one!
I shouldn't really get involved in this post but I've been mentioned and what people think pdr should cost bugs me!
Dent removal done right is not easy I see a lot of **** work daily done by other people, I put a lot of effort into my jobs to make sure they are right and unoticable, not always possible depending on the dent and it's
Location but I do my best.
I grew up around a bodyshop and spent 16 years working in it, I spent the guts of 2 years practising everyday earning pdr and still was just ok at it, 6 years later I'm at a high standard but it's always a learning curve! I've put a lot of time into what I do and spent thousands of pounds on tools I've no intention of being the cheapest option.
The bodyrepair industry has been ruined by people undercuttng and working for next to nothing I'm sure you have all seen the crappy repairs and paintwork, England has gone the same way for PDR some guys are actualy charging £40 a car, I see those repairs on cars in dealerships bought out of England and believe me you wouldn't want that kind of job done on yours!
Thankfully there are one or two good training companies educating the trainees on price and things are changing, pdr is not the cheap option to save money on body repairs it's a far superior repair, we remove your dent keeping your car original no grinding threw the galvanise, pin pulling, fillers which shrinks and bubbles and of course repainting, pdr cost is rising and will get more expensive in the future with good technicians.
I am impossible to get on a phone call like most as we simple don't have time to take calls while trying to work I get loads of them and would not get my jobs done in a day, I try to work with messages but even that's difficult I have 2 young children to go home to at night and can't sit with my face in my phone all night I need a break from work same as everyone else.
I try to do as much as I can for the public but it is getting harder all the time as i am very busy with the trade, last week I done no private jobs this week I done 2 yesterday and 1 today that's it even some of my trade customers are having to wait a week or more for me!
I'm not on here for a debate or to offend anyone, Im just giving you an insight into why you can't get a dent man especially for £40 you can get a cheap job done or a good job done!
Thanks Andy from DentsNI.

Last edited:

MarkM

RMS Regular
Does anyone have any contacts that actually remove dents for around the £40 mark, I have contacted the few mentioned in this thread and £90 -£120 is the cheapest they have quoted.

Was this for him to go to you? I drove to him.

@andynl I’m sure Brian would take issue with the £40 or a good job **** you’re spouting, my car is perfect, I wouldn’t let an idiot touch an amg (n)

Last edited:

Andynel

RMS Member
Drives
peugeot partner
Was this for him to go to you? Like I said, £40 and that was only a few months ago, I drove to him.

@andynl I’m sure Brian would take issue with the £40 or a good job **** you’re spouting, my car is perfect, I wouldn’t let an idiot touch an amg (n)

I didn't say a word against Brian also I have never met him or seen his work! He did invite me down to his workshop last weekend for an open day he was hosting for dent men, unfortunatey I couldn't make it but am hoping to get to the next one.
I was giving my opinion on price and work quality which I 100% stand by, I see **** work everyday today included!
Brian I know is one dent man who agrees that PDR shouldn't be cheap, I have nothing to hide so am going to text him the link to this post now, Im sure he'll appreciate that you are advertising £40 a panel for him!

MarkM

RMS Regular
I didn't say a word against Brian also I have never met him or seen his work! He did invite me down to his workshop last weekend for an open day he was hosting for dent men, unfortunatey I couldn't make it but am hoping to get to the next one.
I was giving my opinion on price and work quality which I 100% stand by, I see **** work everyday today included!
Brian I know is one dent man who agrees that PDR shouldn't be cheap, I have nothing to hide so am going to text him the link to this post now, Im sure he'll appreciate that you are advertising £40 a panel for him!

Rofl you may text mike Hamilton too big man, he was also £40

Andynel

RMS Member
Drives
peugeot partner
Rofl you may text mike Hamilton too big man, he was also £40

I don't have his number but sure you do it for me, since your the autority on dent removal!
And again I 100% stand by my comments, this is exactly why dent men stick to trade only!

MarkM

RMS Regular
I don't have his number but sure you do it for me, since your the autority on dent removal!
And again I 100% stand by my comments, this is exactly why dent men stick to trade only!

Authority on dent removal? Really? ;) I’ve had experience of a couple of different people over the last year, and the £100+ wasn’t my experience and felt others were being taken advantage of, to be perfectly honest I’d no idea others were charging that kind of money, I assumed it was ‘Belfast prices’, it’s not like I twisted peoples arms and asked for discount or anything, job done, how much, pay and drive off, that’s the height of my authority, I’ll move along now lol (y)

Andynel

RMS Member
Drives
peugeot partner
Authority on dent removal? Really? ;) I’ve had experience of a couple of different people over the last year, and the £100+ wasn’t my experience and felt others were being taken advantage of, to be perfectly honest I’d no idea others were charging that kind of money, I assumed it was ‘Belfast prices’, it’s not like I twisted peoples arms and asked for discount or anything, job done, how much, pay and drive off, that’s the height of my authority, I’ll move along now lol (y)

I have my prices other people have theirs, I charge what I need to take my time away from volume trade work that's where panel prices come in I don't charge by the panel to the public, I give quotes based on pictures the customer sends me they either accept or decline that's up to them I'm not taking advantage of anybody.
This is why I should have stayed out of this thread and stick to fixing dents!
No hard feelings buddy your entitled to you opinion as am I.