Paintwork care

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rugrat

RMS Photographer
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
Some 'nice' person scribbled (with what looks like a blue biro) over the bonnet of my friends red Focus. Normal washing hasn't removed it. What is the best way of removing it and repairing any scrapes/damage done?

Marc

RMS Moderator
get some autoglym super resin on the job.. it should remove the biro at the very least.

next getting rid of the scrapes, may need it to be machine polished to remove it, or worse still repainted.

you could try something like t-cut by hand, but it will be a painful job IMO

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Don't use T cut, there are much better prducts out there that do the same job! Meguiars scratch x by hand would be next step up.
Can you feel a scratch with your finger nail?

rugrat

RMS Photographer
OP
rugrat
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
Not a deep scratch at all, but lots of it - still can't believe someone just scribbled all over bonnet - have most of the biro off now.

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
i used megs scratch X at the weekend and was amazed at the scratches it removed by hand , its definately worth a punt , try your local halfords

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
as said above, machine polishing should remove most if not all the marks, provided they are to deep, you can do it by hand as well but you wont get the same job

autoglym super resin wont remove any of the marks, it just fills them in for a short period

Marc

RMS Moderator
super resin does have some cut to it.. so it will not remove the marks.. but may remove the biro ink :grinning:

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
nothing wrong with t cut...itd be what i would use on the case tho its a slut to rub off

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
...oh dont tell me you actually need a porter cable and poorboys?

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
No probably you dont "need" it, if you read my post above. T cut is just not as good, I used it once on my car and honestly when I was finished the paint felt rough, like 1200 grit! There are better products for the same money so why bother with it?

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
used it a load of times and i think its great ..its great for bringing up parts where the buff wont reach

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Well you work away then, each to their own. Do you still go on steam powered trains instead of these new fangled diesel ones though?

Baz C

Banned
hutchy_belfast said:
Well you work away then, each to their own. Do you still go on steam powered trains instead of these new fangled diesel ones though?

if a rotary buff is a steam train, pc would be horse and cart :p

rotary can leave a perfect finish, pc leaves micro marring which on metalics is hidden by the flake (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.