Paisley freight for alloy wheels

Macmansurf

RMS Regular
Drives
68 volvo Amazon
Hi,

As per title has anyone used paisley freight to ship alloys / tyres from across the water please.

Thanks

David

Darren91

RMS Regular
Yes - good service, lifted as arranged and arrived promptly.

Make sure they’re wrapped with pallet-wrap (tyres) and add a thin layer of cardboard to protect the face if sending wheels.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Ive used sent it now twice in the last month, £12.50 per parcel 2 x 2 tyres taped together and pallet wrap on them.

Also a set of 4 alloys without tyres, 2x 16” and 2 x 17” also £12.50 parcel, I think 20kg is the weight limit but the wheels arrived and one said 18kg and the other 24kg but I wasn’t charged any extra.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I used parcel force last month for 1x20” alloy and tyre weighing 26kg I think which was cheap. Around £14

@ace275 used them recently too

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I used parcel force to ship 4 alloys to the US. Split into 2 packages. I’m sure they would be cheaper than Paisley for an England delivery.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Used Paisley for wheels a couple years back. They were reasonably expensive (for me) wheels, so I wanted to make sure they were insured. Thankfully they were because one arrived damaged which they sorted without any hassle.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Used to buy in sets of alloys regularly from mainland uk

Never had a problem with senditnow

And often two wheels together without tyres came in under the 30kg weight per parcel 48hour was about £11/12 per parcel at the time

Heard they’ve clamped down on the wheels being paired tho

Macmansurf

RMS Regular
OP
M
Drives
68 volvo Amazon
thanks for all replies, will check them all out for costs.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Yes - good service, lifted as arranged and arrived promptly.

Make sure they’re wrapped with pallet-wrap (tyres) and add a thin layer of cardboard to protect the face if sending wheels.

Some couriers don't allow pallet wrap anymore, Parcel force are refusing now as it can come loose and snag the machines in the sorting centre. The wheel has to be totally surrounded in cardboard, secured with parcel tape.

Also some also ask tyres are deflated.