Panel Van to day Van (mot rules)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

moparopkop

RMS Regular
Drives
vw golf
Im about to push on with the t4 soon and get 2 rear seats fitted and window on each side on the panels...is there any reason why it won't pass mot for any reason before I go ahead with the work....no plans for it to be a camper.......any advice or information will be greatly appreciated

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
We have Transits with rear seats in work, no changes made on tax book. MOT is no prob, as long as seats are installed properly and have seatbelts, you will be fine.

moparopkop

RMS Regular
OP
moparopkop
Drives
vw golf
Seats will have integrated belts
It's the windows I'm more worried about...If i put 2 windows in...has it to be classed as a camper...but I don't want to install all the fixed bed,cooker,running water,table,requirements to be classed a camper

moparopkop

RMS Regular
OP
moparopkop
Drives
vw golf
I've no plans for it to be a motorhome...just a dayvan....and use a tent for sleeping
Can't find anything online about it

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
My dad had a company do a conversion on a VW transporter a couple of years ago. He got a certificate from an engineer for it however I believe that was more to do with the gas side of things. The insurance company (NFU) required the certificate to provide cover. He changed the classification with the DVA too and it made the tax and insurance considerably cheaper than when the vehicle was a big standard van.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I had a caravelle, lwb one, it had no solid window panels and was registered as a van, no need for you to change its class.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.