PARKING TICKET IN NEWCASTLE CO DOWN

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
hi bit of advice plz. went for a day out to newcastle today. parked on main street . my blue badge was displayed on dash as always and came back to a fixed penalty ticket for 90 pound. reason being parked in a disabled bay with no blue badge clearly visible ? my badge was in clear view. of course traffic warden nowhere to be found.. came home tried to appeal it . it says can take up to 24 hours to appear on system .. but if i have to pay i want it to be at 50 % and they only allow 14 days in which to pay this. how long should it take to go through the appeal system.. honestly warden must have not looked on my dash as badge was clear to see. its always wedged in between dash and windscreen. surely they will have taken photos which should show i am right ?

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
but I think if it somehow goes in their favour they charge me the full 90 quid . if it takes more than 14 days. and if I am found at fault ( can.t see how } if they get a result in 14 days they are entitled to look the full wack

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Warden probably looked and saw it was a bike and didn't even consider the possibility of a biker holding a blue badge, Newcastle is a siht show for parking, all of the loading bays regularly occupied by cars 🤬

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
but I think if it somehow goes in their favour they charge me the full 90 quid . if it takes more than 14 days. and if I am found at fault ( can.t see how } if they get a result in 14 days they are entitled to look the full wack

If you appeal and they decline I'm near sure the clock resets to another 14 days, so you're better off appealing early than on the cusp of the 14 days

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
yeah parking in Newcastle a joke. people park anywhere and me and my wife blue badge holder . with it on display not even in a disabled bay get a f......g ticket. just ordinary parking space for cars

Marc

RMS Moderator
If you fail the challenge they give you a new date for the discounted rate

76B5CF99-90DE-4D30-BBCE-C03E1387F41B.png

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
hi marc. I appreciate you going to all that trouble to find that out for me . I understand how it works now. still can.t figure out why I got the ticket in the first place. cheers mate

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
yeah parking in Newcastle a joke. people park anywhere and me and my wife blue badge holder . with it on display not even in a disabled bay get a f......g ticket. just ordinary parking space for cars

Wait, are you saying they issued you a ticket for parking in a disabled bay without the blue badge clearly visible and you actually weren't even parked in a disabled bay?

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
hi kyle. yes you got it exactly right . sorry I thought it was a disabled bay because on the ticket it said it was . turns out it was a parking space for a taxi. i did.nt know this at the time , i thought it was just an ordinary parking space for anyone. sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
actually got the appeal started and viewed traffic wardens photos and 1 has a sign on a lamppost which says NO WAITING EXCEPT FOR TAXIS . obviously I would not have parked there if I had seen it. but the ticket was issused for not displaying a blue badge clearly in a disabled bay. surely that does.nt make sense. I believe blue badge holders are allowed to park in areas which normally don.t permit it. what do you think. I am beat . or do I have a case ? by the way you can see blue badge very clearly in 2 photos !!

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
I have discovered ticket was not issued correctly. it was written under code 40 and should have been code 45. does this make ticket invalid ?

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I have discovered ticket was not issued correctly. it was written under code 40 and should have been code 45. does this make ticket invalid ?
If you've complied with the conditions of Code 40 by displaying your disabled badge, then you have clear grounds to appeal the ticket.
Cooks

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
looks like their mistake does.nt it . ticket not issued correctly. thanks cooks

Jonesy

RMS Regular
I found their appeal system great and people on phone helpful.
I parked in belfast and used park mobile and came back to a ticket but i knew i had called to start parking, turns out i selected wrong vehicle and the vehicle i had selected was on a drive way at home. i basically appealed and explained what had happened and when i called for an update was told a photo of a blue audi was attched to my case which is not my car and they apologised and deleted my ticket.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
You are giving two different accounts. You said you were in a disabled bay but you then say there is a sign saying “no waiting except for taxis” which would mean it’s only for taxis and not a disabled bay.

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
No mate . I said it was an ordinary space. With a no waiting for taxi sign apparently. Traffic warden said it was a disabled bay. But as I said I have blue badge and was on full display for all to see. Thanks

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
A disabled badge does allow certain privileges but not if it’s a parking zone specifically for taxis.