PARKING TICKET IN NEWCASTLE CO DOWN

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Technically then the badge is irrelevant. If you have parked where that sign states no parking then I don’t think you’re in the right. But the fact that he has issued the ticket for the wrong reason might get it cancelled

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
I appreciate that fact. But I thought it was just an ordinary parking space. Otherwise I would have parked somewhere else

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
I appreciate that fact. But I thought it was just an ordinary parking space. Otherwise I would have parked somewhere else
Yes but unfortunately he was right to issue a ticket for that. Although the fact he has issued it for a different offence should count in your favour

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
I hold my hands up. My mistake. But as u say ticket not issued correctly and I will make them aware of that. Thanks again for your advice

will1588

RMS Regular
Drives
Merc Est 1.8
Over here there's little respect for the blue badge. ..ime Coleraine the pedestrian main streeted area and the coastal towns about must be the most difficult for any handicapped driver with the red coated crew very disobliging..in my many years I have parked in many towns and cities all over the UK and you wouldn't believe the crap I get around the north coast.. push them all the way, and if it goes the wrong way refuse to pay, I have done that 3 times and they have no balls to push it especially with the blue badge.. well known that Coleraine council or whatever they call themselves now, don't wish to be known as the most difficult place for any disabled driver.. and its well known that they are in this area.. the pedestrian town centre requires a permit which allows 2 hours total over any week on whatever designated days you choose, can your wife or partner do a full shop in two hours , yet work vans and delivery wagons abound any day in the diamond area eating lunch and ogling the ladies with no care in the world.. rant over, good luck with your issue..

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
Thanks will for your reply and support. It's over a week since I lodged the appeal and haven't heard anything. But I will be fighting it

ShaunB

RMS Regular
actually got the appeal started and viewed traffic wardens photos and 1 has a sign on a lamppost which says NO WAITING EXCEPT FOR TAXIS . obviously I would not have parked there if I had seen it. but the ticket was issused for not displaying a blue badge clearly in a disabled bay. surely that does.nt make sense. I believe blue badge holders are allowed to park in areas which normally don.t permit it. what do you think. I am beat . or do I have a case ? by the way you can see blue badge very clearly in 2 photos !!
Your blue badge does allow certain parking privileges, but no waiting zones would not be permitted, also excluded are no entry except for loading/unloading, or whatever the wording is, as my wife found out recently.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
It does appear the ticket is invalid as it was issued for the wrong offence, so on a technicality you should get away with it.

However, the lesson to take away from this is, to always check and double check where you are parking.

Check road markings, usually Taxi parking areas have TAXI painted in them.

Check for at least 12 metres either side of the parking bay for relevant signage, 12 metres is the guidelines at which the Dept Of Infrastructure/NSL seem to be within easy eye line of parking bays.

As stated already Blue Badges do allow some extra parking privileges except in Loading Bays, Taxi Bays, No Entry and wherever local signage also states.

You can park on double yellow lines for up to 3hrs, so long as your not within 10metres of a junction. Blue badges used to come with (May still do, but it’s 5yrs since I left the job) with a little clock on one side which the user uses to show the time they parked at. However I never found anyone to actually use that and we were always told to input the details into our hand held computers and check after 3hrs from that input time.