Parking Ticket Query

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Mrs Lyons got a parking ticket in Belfast today. She paid via the JustPark app and therefore has proof of a session at the time of the ticket. When you enter her reg it still brings up the Golf (2 cars ago!). When I was in Lisburn a few weeks ago I happened to ask a traffic warden about this and he said it doesn’t matter as they go by the reg. (there’s no way to manually change car on the app from what I can see).

I’ve challenged it online today and should hopefully hear back soon, but just intrigued to know if anyone has ever been in the same situation? I’m a bit concerned that what the guy told me wasn’t factually correct, and they may come back and say the car needs to be right in the app too.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
If you’ve proof of a session/ticket in the app, for the same reg & time as the ticket, then I wouldn’t worry too much.

Have you tried deleting the vehicle and re-adding the reg? It should bring up the latest car details. Although I wouldn’t go doing that until the appeal is resolved incase it makes things more complicated :laughing:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Same with me in that the JustPark app hasn't updated the make and model of my car even though I changed it this time last year. I'd emailed JustPark last year about it and they said it doesn't matter as long as the reg is ok.

I parked in Belfast a couple of weeks and a Traffic Warden passed as I was getting the ID for the meter and he said the same thing when I mentioned the reg.

Hope you get it appealed, although a pain in the backside that you have to do it in the first place.