Parking "warning" At Titanic Quarter Belfast

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

C_P

RMS Member
Drives
Grande Punto
Was down the area today for the new college and parked in the car park here :

http://g.co/maps/ehqkg

I had a quick look round before and couldn't see any signs or anything of anyone staking claim to the car park, the barriers at the entrance aren't even there any more and there was a dozen car's in the car park so thought I might as well park there instead of having to pay to park underneath the tech.

Came back later in the afternoon to find this on the car window:

15x65g.jpg

It's say's its a "warning" but it doesn't say whats going to happen if you park there again. I personally think they have only done it as a scare tactic so their staff can still get spaces in that area, but they can't do anything about it if none staff do park there.

I would however hate to come back to the car one day at find it clamped or something, any advice or in put would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The wording is an open admission they can do nothing ( legally ). And lack of barriers and signage would suggest the same.

Doesnt mean some nasty person couldnt key the car though

scub

Banned
those c**ts have some nerve - their staff park all over the customer parking at the front of my work in sydenham road and some we've asked to move have said citibank themselves have told their staff that the whole area is fair game to park anywhere .
i had cops in my place a couple of weeks ago as my customers have to double park to come into the shop now.
we have our own no parking signs up and they are just ignored.
40 mm washered masonary nails however cannot be ingored;)

can see it becoming a real problem down there .

C_P

RMS Member
OP
C
Drives
Grande Punto
Cheers for the replies lads,
I think they're just trying to chance their arm. Is it a big enough issue to report them to the council about? I mean in that car park there it's out of the way like and the security guards could easily start keying the non staff car's and no one would have any proof it was them as it's easily deniable.

funnydata

RMS Regular
Drives
2002 Ford Focus
Report it to the harbour police (I'm pretty certain that area's all in there Jurisdiction), not sure if they'll be able to anything but at least they'll then have a log of it for future issues

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
those c**ts have some nerve - their staff park all over the customer parking at the front of my work in sydenham road and some we've asked to move have said citibank themselves have told their staff that the whole area is fair game to park anywhere .
i had cops in my place a couple of weeks ago as my customers have to double park to come into the shop now.

That's a public road though ? So probably is fair game.

Citi maybe pay for that other space. Doesn't mean they can take any action though.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Im not sure citi themselves would take chances like that either to be fair. They are a huge company and imo if they are ticketing, then they probably have some claim over it. Maybe its only a warning until a deal is done or signs go up or something.

call the number and ask. soon find out.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
It is £3.60 for a full day to park in the BMC college under ground carpark - my gf started yesterday there.

You could just try get in early and park on the Sydnam Road.

I think the Odyssey is also £3.60 for the full day if you pre book the ticket?

I also think there is an open car park further up the road from BMC on the right hand side opposite the old drawing office.

carpark-jpg.25744

Attachments

• CARPARK.JPG
    CARPARK.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,784

Cess

RMS Staff
Cheers for the replies lads,
I think they're just trying to chance their arm. Is it a big enough issue to report them to the council about?

I'm pretty sure that all the land in the Titanic Quarter is owned by Titanic Quarter Ltd, therefore it would be nothing to do with either DRD or the Council. Like Pablo and Stevie have said, Citi might be leasing that car park from TQL and in effect, it is "private" and for their employees only.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
As much as I want to be back home. I'm glad im not,lol. And as much as everyone over here bi tches about public transport. IT'S NOT, its pretty good. I wake in the morning, leave my house 20 mins later i'm sitting at my desk. No flaffing about.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
I'm pretty sure that all the land in the Titanic Quarter is owned by Titanic Quarter Ltd, therefore it would be nothing to do with either DRD or the Council. Like Pablo and Stevie have said, Citi might be leasing that car park from TQL and in effect, it is "private" and for their employees only.

If that is the case, then either all they have to do is stick up clamping signs, or let people off with a warning as above. and they are entittled to clamp you afterwards.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I text my gf about this thread and she has told me that they will clamp cars illegally parked!

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Not sure about where you parked but the one Boydie posted I believe is leased by Citi. Staff pay monthly to park there. Security on this car park is Citi security. Perhaps the one you parked is the same.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Its all owned by the Harbour Commision, any probs contact the Harbour Police for their advice, best advice is get in early and park anywhere along the main drag as long as access isnt obstructed, no premises along there own any parking outside their businesses so its first come first served imo..

scub

Banned
Its all owned by the Harbour Commision, any probs contact the Harbour Police for their advice, best advice is get in early and park anywhere along the main drag as long as access isnt obstructed, no premises along there own any parking outside their businesses so its first come first served imo..
unless of course you happen to be Audi who have had double yellow lines painted the entire length of their premises ,
effectively removing about 200 metres of parking spaces in the process:mad:

Caelan Bradley

Drives
Peugeot 206
My partner lives in the arc apartments and I have been ticketed twice for parking outside the apartments. They have recently brought in visitor parking which it £6 for 24hrs I think it is ridiculous that you have to pay to see somebody that lives in the apartments, also you need the fob to get into the car parks it's a 3 bed apartment with 2 other people and they share the fob so I don't understand how you get in. Finally when there are concerts on cars get to park where ever they want and aren't issued and tickets it just a disgrace there's loads of empty land and there should be a permit for residents of the arc apartments. I would really love to take this further but I don't know where to take it!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I still don't want to have to pay £6 to go visit somebody I just think it is a disgrace.

I'm sure potential buyers are made well aware of this sort of thing beforehand though.

There will be restrictions etc on many gated style complexes, and hassles with postage deliveries etc

scub

Banned

not now it aint - only parking on the whole sydenham road is by permit only...
all the freeloading citibank monkeys now have to pay like the rest of city centre workers (y) fixed penalty tickets rock!!! hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.