Passat R36 (Jap Import)

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
I work on a blue saloon that lives in Dungannon. Over 150k on it now and still going strong. Performance wise I feel they are much of a muchness with an R32 even with 50 odd more HP but it feels different in the bigger saloon body if that makes sense! The intake manifold is tasty on them!

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Proper fantastic wagon!!!

Practical and exciting!

Would you get the the roof bars wrapped in flat silver or something to hide the chrome if its flaking?

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Excellent, I love these, been following the imports on them for the last year or so. White or silver is what I want. Straight pipes and they sound unreal. Shame the import prices are through the roof but what can you do.

R36_

RMS Regular
OP
R36_
Drives
R36 Passat
Proper fantastic wagon!!!

Practical and exciting!

Would you get the the roof bars wrapped in flat silver or something to hide the chrome if its flaking?
Thanks Mark! That’s a possible solution yeah, it’s not bothering me too much at the minute, but I know down the line it likely will!

773E35C3-CC15-4EC4-8F1D-08F8C018D46A.jpeg
Excellent, I love these, been following the imports on them for the last year or so. White or silver is what I want. Straight pipes and they sound unreal. Shame the import prices are through the roof but what can you do.

Its actually insane how much prices have went up in ~6 or so months, got in at the right time thankfully. Certainly can’t see the price of imports coming down anytime soon 😕 and the straight pipes do sound unreal. I’ve removed everything except the cats 😬

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Oh mama yes! Love these and have thought about the CC 3.6 in the past but the tax makes me want to vomit, so im pleased that the import tax has resolved some issue there lol. How come that works that way? Getting a remap for it?

R36_

RMS Regular
OP
R36_
Drives
R36 Passat
Oh mama yes! Love these and have thought about the CC 3.6 in the past but the tax makes me want to vomit, so im pleased that the import tax has resolved some issue there lol. How come that works that way? Getting a remap for it?
The price difference in tax makes zero sense at all lol! Same car built in the same factory, just imported from a different country and the tax is half the price, senseless lol. Remap is definitely on the cards at some point. Will most likely get the DSG box remapped first as the general consensus is that the DSG map makes the biggest difference versus the engine remap! It’s just finding someone to do it.

If anyone’s had their DSG box mapped over here, let me know who done it and what you think! Ta!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
What a great write up Chris!

Lovely car, and sounds superb too. Glad to hear you’re still loving it. 😎👍🏻

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The price difference in tax makes zero sense at all lol! Same car built in the same factory, just imported from a different country and the tax is half the price, senseless lol. Remap is definitely on the cards at some point. Will most likely get the DSG box remapped first as the general consensus is that the DSG map makes the biggest difference versus the engine remap! It’s just finding someone to do it.

If anyone’s had their DSG box mapped over here, let me know who done it and what you think! Ta!

If the car is over 10 years old it can be registered as PLG, meaning emissions dont have to be declared. Obviously that works well in the high emission cars!

R36_

RMS Regular
OP
R36_
Drives
R36 Passat
What a great write up Chris!

Lovely car, and sounds superb too. Glad to hear you’re still loving it. 😎👍🏻
Cheers G! Mr McMaster has done another few things to the exhaust since you last heard it. Must bring it down again some afternoon to let you hear it now 🤪
Very cool. Both my s15s came home on the Hoegh Jacksonville.
Bloody pain in the arse tracking it every single day of its journey from Jap to UK 😂

Gemma

RMS Regular
@R36_ these are awesome! Love it!
I'm currently tracking Hoegh Trident with my car onboard lol

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Great write up!
so badly want an r36..... and money no object.. turbo conversion!