PC ,Porter cable polisher importing guide

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
some PC sets on ebay for £135 but i would be interested in a group buy

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Take a look at Screwfix direct for a transformer, i've no idea on their prices on the transformers but i've got other stuff from them and its been fine and not too badly priced.

May i suggest even for a group buy you go halfers with you're mates? It certainly would spread the cost raher considerably. 3 mates £50 quid each max by the looks of things.

Ruth

RMS Regular
screwfix used to be cheapest for the transformers but lately i think they have been out of stock

tim

RMS Regular
Dont go for the ebay jobs. You'll get hit big time with tax's in from the US Autopia box and label it so that you wont really good guys(y)

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Slideordie said:
I'll send them a wee email and ask what kind of discount they will offer.

Response from Autopia:

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to begin a relationship with your car enthusiast forum. We offer discounts on our Polisher kits http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pcdepot.html . These include the pads, backing plate and bonnets. As well, they have complete instructions for successful detailing. The price point is much better then ordering just porter cable polishers.

To make this easy, my suggestion is as follows.

I can create coupon for your car club that will give all members 15% off for ANY product they purchase. This way they can get polishes and other products desired. In addition, I will give you a link(URL) that all folks purchasing should use to purchase. This will entitle the owner of this link to purchase items in the future using the credits from this link. We will give credit for 7% of all purchases. This means the owner of this link can use the credits for future purchases for car club raffles, give-aways or their own stock. That is the choice of the owner of that link.

To save on shipping costs, order 2 polisher kits per order. We send all orders USPS Priority express. We put on customs form the cost of items is $25, which we call replacement cost. This will save purchasers import tax. If folks want to save on shipping, they can order 2 polishers kits. That is what typically fits into single box. You are welcome to put in total order together and we will pack it out as single order, but every box according to USPS is counted as a single order, therefore not saving any money on shipping to same address.

Let me know if this makes sense. We have done this with several car clubs. Since we only accept visa/mastercard/paypal, it comes down to making payment easy. If purchasing on behalf of entire club, that puts responsibility on single person to collect. This typically proves problematic. Doing it he way I suggest makes it easy, cost effective and fun as car club or owner of link uses credits as they wish.

I’ll create coupon and tracking link for credits if you wish to proceed.

Yours in better car care,

David Ostroff
Co-owner

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
The discount codes are easily got off detailing world so I think the only realy benefit availble to us is to order in pairs and save on shipping, although the shipping isnt very much so the saving is negligable...

tim

RMS Regular
EbayUK said:
Current bid: £120.00

End time: 11-Aug-06 08:39:34 BST (2 days 14 hours)

It will go for much more than that with 2 and half days still to go.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Slideordie said:
The discount codes are easily got off detailing world so I think the only realy benefit availble to us is to order in pairs and save on shipping, although the shipping isnt very much so the saving is negligable...

well if it is worth it you might be able to twist my arm into going into buying one with you (we both share a shipment and get one each) :relieved:

tim

RMS Regular
International is only 15% when i ordered, and it was the only option that covered all items some discount codes only cover certain items ie their own brand sonus.

Just go through them all to see which gives you the lowest price for what you ordered.

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
Are these not available in the UK? I have found some on a website. Just to double check its a 7424?

Edit: **** uk person... postage is less from the states!

Ruth

RMS Regular
yes they are available in uk but as far as i know still works out cheaper from US

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
Yes just found that out after adding postage. Cheers Ruth.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Just buy from autopia... Serivce is brilliant and the cheapest around!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
-Pete- said:
well if it is worth it you might be able to twist my arm into going into buying one with you (we both share a shipment and get one each) :relieved:

Could well do that Pete, but not this month :worried:

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
Cheers, thought i had found an easy way out lol.

PC and pads ordered!

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
can you use on of these pc's to polish the car everytime or just when your cutting back?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.