Peak RMS - Mk5 Golf GTi

pablo

RMS Moderator
Long story short: lease Leon ending, no option to extend, no decent deals about. So thought Id get something as a fairly low use daily to complement the 911. The 911 could be a daily but it would ruin the experience and its actually crap in traffic etc so wasnt going to fly.

So set about trying to find something that was:
- relatively cheap (< £5k)
- looked good
- drove good
- could fit my mother in without her gurning the whole time (we did the 911 ONCE, and once only)
- Id be happy leaving parked on the street in town
- and MOST importantly had heated seats. I cannot stress enough how important this is

Was open to golfs, sciroccos, meganes, clios, 1series BMWs, all sorts but having had a couple of Golf GTis before I knew they actually deserve the hype.

Saw this one fairly early on, kinda discounted it because it was fairly pricey but after chatting to the lad thats selling it it seemed it might actually be the one to tick all the boxes. Last thing I wanted was something needing work and looking a bit scruffy. Went to view and fair play to the fella its immaculate, drives super tight and honestly youd have NO clue it had 100k on it.

Few nice bits done:
- lowered a little
- milltek catback
- mild remap
- pcv delete
- timing chain etc all done
- ED30 wheels

Will pick it up during the week sometime but few pics from the ad. Few things planned already:

- some sort of carplay unit
- better headlights
- might change the steering wheel for a MFSW GT one. I dont really like the GTI wheel, it feels a bit fussy in your hands

Think thats it, needs nothing else

IMG_5094.JPG
IMG_5098.JPG
IMG_5092.JPG
245361969_4454146007977467_8285035142503903502_n.jpeg
245390673_4454145867977481_1056480195025258749_n.jpeg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
That looks really tidy. Having driven and owned a few different generations of Golf GTI over the years, they deserve the hype. Enjoy.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Very nice Paul, health to drive mate!

I had one GTI Golf and I said never again, it was a bag of dung.
Likewise, but it was a Mk3 8v 5dr and in my mind the 8v 115bhp lump wasn’t a proper “GTi” engine for that era of car. I think it was that alone that ruined my view of Gti’s as it was just too slow for the badge.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
This looks a good one Pablo as mentioned already I had a short spell with one a few months back and I would have an other they are such a nice car to drive.

I've been looking the same in dsg. Enjoy.

My old one is for sale currently its DSG with 110,000 on the clock.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Superb all rounder, looks in seriously good shape.

I was surprised how much I liked my Edition 30, they are a great drive.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks super clean! Great spec too. Nice to see a manual for a change these days!

Last time I saw a Mk5 bolster in as good a condition as that was probably in a VW showroom in 2008.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Very nice Paul, health to drive mate!

Likewise, but it was a Mk3 8v 5dr and in my mind the 8v 115bhp lump wasn’t a proper “GTi” engine for that era of car. I think it was that alone that ruined my view of Gti’s as it was just too slow for the badge.

MK5 is a far cry from the MK3 and MK4. I always thought the MK5 drove and handled very similarly to the MK2 16v but more grown up. The MK3 had a cracking engine in the 16v but the rest was a bit of a let down really.

Looks great that Pablo. A good remap really transforms them too.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I had one with an ITG Maxogen intake and remap, was about 277bhp 😜 great going thing and a great all rounder. Get the cam follower changed if it hasn't already been done recently 👍🏻 just make sure you get an OEM one from VW

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Long story short: lease Leon ending, no option to extend, no decent deals about. So thought Id get something as a fairly low use daily to complement the 911. The 911 could be a daily but it would ruin the experience and its actually crap in traffic etc so wasnt going to fly.

So set about trying to find something that was:
- relatively cheap (< £5k)
- looked good
- drove good
- could fit my mother in without her gurning the whole time (we did the 911 ONCE, and once only)
- Id be happy leaving parked on the street in town
- and MOST importantly had heated seats. I cannot stress enough how important this is

Was open to golfs, sciroccos, meganes, clios, 1series BMWs, all sorts but having had a couple of Golf GTis before I knew they actually deserve the hype.

Saw this one fairly early on, kinda discounted it because it was fairly pricey but after chatting to the lad thats selling it it seemed it might actually be the one to tick all the boxes. Last thing I wanted was something needing work and looking a bit scruffy. Went to view and fair play to the fella its immaculate, drives super tight and honestly youd have NO clue it had 100k on it.

Few nice bits done:
- lowered a little
- milltek catback
- mild remap
- pcv delete
- timing chain etc all done
- ED30 wheels

Will pick it up during the week sometime but few pics from the ad. Few things planned already:

- some sort of carplay unit
- better headlights
- might change the steering wheel for a MFSW GT one. I dont really like the GTI wheel, it feels a bit fussy in your hands

Think thats it, needs nothing else

View attachment 342710View attachment 342711View attachment 342712View attachment 342713View attachment 342714I
Thats a very good friend of mine owned that ,didn’t even think when he said the guy had a Porsche .Immaculate car you have got .

A4RON

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3 8P -2011
Seen this one myself shortly after I bought mine I was considering the BBS VZ wheels for mine but decided to stick with the Monza’s.