Peak RMS - Mk5 Golf GTi

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
and retrofitting all done. MFSW controls moved over into the GTI wheel. Had to dremel out a load of the rubber to make them fit but by f**k they were gonna fit!

2022-01-25 12.01.15.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Good job! MFSW wheels make a big different in the Mk5, even aesthetically.

Hit that wheel with a Magic Sponge to get it up like new (y).

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
R32 Highline clocks are a nice mod too, but maybe not the sort of thing you are into!

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
R32 Highline clocks are a nice mod too, but maybe not the sort of thing you are into!
nah they arent functional so its only diverting 911 money :p

one last thing to do is I refitted the standard airbox and removed the ramair intake. Needs a little tidying up and some small pieces were missing but thats it.

I also have a set of shocks + eibachs so will fit those at some point just to raise it a little and make it more daily friendly (not that I go anywhere daily)

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@pablo

Interested to hear your experience with this, similar reason to yourself in buying one is that I don't want to daily the Porsche and having the option of a bit more space when needed.

My budget is also 5k, but would push that for a really outstanding example.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Superb cars Chris. Parts are plentiful and relatively cheap. I love them. Look good too even today.

Perfect for nipping to the shops etc without worrying about warming up etc. hop and go.

With a decent head unit they don’t feel dated either.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
How many miles do you have on it now? They are few and far between here, but plenty on the mainland to choose from.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
They are so easily broken, best to take it off when warm - I can't remember why but I had the RAC out at my old S3 back in the day and he cracked my engine cover. Fortunately they replaced it with a brand new one and I sold the broken one on to be modified for aftermarket intake :grinning:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Pop the 2 front ones loose then I use a pry bar on the back 2. Can get a bar right in beside the grommets as apposed to just hauling on the plastic cover.

Hateful design either way.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
built in mic seems fine. I think it came with a mic too but the internal one seems good enough
Assumed without factory Bluetooth it wouldn’t have a built in mic, will fwd it on to a friend that is looking 👍