Penultimate Trackskills Track Day This Sunday 16th.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

V8

RMS Regular
14519665_1418026631545591_6151261734001486929_n.png

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Cars coming so far include loads of MX5s, Mr2s, Imprezas, Civics and the odd Focus, Mini Cooper, V6 Sierra, Kirkistown Fiesta and Mitsubishi Evo. No Locaterfields so far.

jc996

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Mr2 Mk2
Hope to be there as well, but not going down if it is lashing.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Would anyone take a buddy of mine for a few laps , he is over from LA and we were heading for some photos , if I could have got him a run out it would be class !

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Any danger of track being flooded ? very heavy rain here 1

I checked the met office for the past 24hrs at Kirkistown and there wasn't much rain. Looks like a bit of rain this morning then a dry patch after lunch

dufunk

RMS Regular
The wind and odd patch of rain made things interesting on Sunday but it was great to have plenty of track time in the afternoon! Here is a clip from one of my sessions with @jagged in the M3 showing us how to try and keep the M3 on a straight line in damp conditions

What sort of power to weight would your dc2 be? To sit with a m3 that is also quite stripped is some going dry or in wet.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
What sort of power to weight would your dc2 be? To sit with a m3 that is also quite stripped is some going dry or in wet.

The car is approx 250hp and should be just under a tonne, the M3 evo goes very well stripped out but I would still have a weight advantage.
Arnold's yellow M3 is the quickest non race car M3 I have came up against on track and he knows how to drive!

dufunk

RMS Regular
250bhp out of a B18 whilst staying NA is pretty good, in terms of a track car the teg seems really hard to top hard to believe there 20 years old now.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Yeah stephens car is awesome ! quickest car at the trackdays , was doing times that would be good in the dry never mind sundays slip fest !
The m3 still weighs circa 1300kgs less driver with standard engine which if producing all it's power would be 320 horses , but goes great even
in the wet but was struggling to get traction on sunday , good day's driving with plenty of track time despite 3 wheel changes ! Good to see @Marc out in the 330 compact and the e46 330 both going well , was also a very quick Subaru there .

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Here is a video of one of the last sessions on Sunday, @jagged in the M3 from 1min30 and an appearance of Donal's Leon Race car at around 8min30 .... Donal was not driving and they were just testing so clearly taking it very easy on the track

There isn't much traffic in between so the middle part of the video will be boring to watch

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Have some footage on the rear facing camera , just need to figure out the witchcraft involved to get it on here .

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Have some footage on the rear facing camera , just need to figure out the witchcraft involved to get it on here .

lol it's not always straight forward uploading videos! You would need to upload to YouTube once uploaded you can click on "share" below your video when logged into YouTube... then highlight and copy the link for your video.

After that select the video Icon when posting here and paste the video link into the embed pop up

Looking forward to seeing the rear view!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.