Penultimate Trackskills Track Day This Sunday 16th.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
The wind and odd patch of rain made things interesting on Sunday but it was great to have plenty of track time in the afternoon! Here is a clip from one of my sessions with @jagged in the M3 showing us how to try and keep the M3 on a straight line in damp conditions

It is ridiculous how quick that thing is, and for 250hp it just shows how lightweight and handling make such a huge difference. Obviously 250 is not a low amount, but compared to some things on track its a lot less, yet would wipe the floor with them.

I will be back at the next one, this time with better brakes! ;(

I may have missed it, but what did you replace the wee 172 with?

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
It is ridiculous how quick that thing is, and for 250hp it just shows how lightweight and handling make such a huge difference. Obviously 250 is not a low amount, but compared to some things on track its a lot less, yet would wipe the floor with them.

I may have missed it, but what did you replace the wee 172 with?

Your right, weight and handling means a lot more on track than power... a friend of mine who builds Crossle race cars for a living said that they worked out that it takes 50bhp to gain 1 second around kirkistown but then it gets to a point that the extra power doesn't help at all

I'm happy that I have a simple setup that works, I built the head myself and the bottom end is standard

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
That was Donal, Greer said that was Donals normal race pace;)
That was actually Peter having his first run in a Seat in over two years. We were trying to recreate the issue that sidelined me in the final race the previous weekend. But Greer's correct, that is my normal race pace! :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.